• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Do you recognize this wheel?

91racked

I reaaallly like these wheels, I want to get a set, if anybody could tell me what they are that would be fantastic.... Saw them on a low 242 on my way to work and now i cant stop thinking about them lol. Thanks!

OLd7zNT.jpg

I think they are custom made.
Strange offset.
Usually the wheel center is welded to the center hump, those are welded on inside of the hump on the inside lip.

I reaaallly like these wheels, I want to get a set, if anybody could tell me what they are that would be fantastic.... Saw them on a low 242 on my way to work and now i cant stop thinking about them lol. Thanks!

Check out this thread: Explanation here

TL;DR: Wheels are originally 17" Peugeot 407 steelies, widened to 8?" front and 9?" rear. Tires are Falken FK452, 215/45-17 front and 235/40-17 rear.

I saw your link to the new peugot wheels. I dont really care about the deep dish look, i just want a 17" wheel with holes like that.

Will these just fit or do they need spacers? https://www.oponeo.co.uk/steel-wheel...-9697#19715690

Other similar options? Im in the US.

Maybe something in the junk yard would fit?

I have the IPD lowering springs and swaybars...
should go for a 15" with a smaller tire?

Im after performance. Not looks.

I'm gonna be hanging it out pretty hard in the corners...
I don't want to roll any tires off the rim. And I dont want to rub.

or should I just pick out some s60 wheels? I dont mind buying spacers for them. I just prefer the steelie look.

Last edited:
Like in the picture? No. Not that nice. There are diamond racing wheels, but those pictured wheels are 100x better. Dodge has 17" wheels. 55superbeetle had some on his 242. They weren't modified.
images

I have the IPD lowering springs and swaybars...
should go for a 15" with a smaller tire?

Im after performance. Not looks.

I'm gonna be hanging it out pretty hard in the corners...
I don't want to roll any tires off the rim. And I dont want to rub.

or should I just pick out some s60 wheels? I dont mind buying spacers for them. I just prefer the steelie look.
All the 15" tires will suck unless you go with a 225/50-15 DOT race tire.

You want it to handle well and you don't care about looks, but you want heavy steelies or stock cast aluminum wheels? Makes no sense.

Lightest 17x8 you can find with 235/40-17 sticky tires. You can squeeze 245 width tires on a wagon (you didn't specify what type of 240 you have) with out rubbing with some effort. Might rub occasionally on a 242, but if the offset is perfect it would be a light graze and shouldn't hurt anything.

And you'll never go as fast on the street as you can on a track, so your version of "hanging it out pretty hard in the corners" is most likely very tame.

Like in the picture? No. Not that nice. There are diamond racing wheels, but those pictured wheels are 100x better. Dodge has 17" wheels. 55superbeetle had some on his 242. They weren't modified.
images

they can be 35 colors and rusty, I'll paint them lol

All the 15" tires will suck unless you go with a 225/50-15 DOT race tire.

You want it to handle well and you don't care about looks, but you want heavy steelies or stock cast aluminum wheels? Makes no sense.

Lightest 17x8 you can find with 235/40-17 sticky tires. You can squeeze 245 width tires on a wagon (you didn't specify what type of 240 you have) with out rubbing with some effort. Might rub occasionally on a 242, but if the offset is perfect it would be a light graze and shouldn't hurt anything.

And you'll never go as fast on the street as you can on a track, so your version of "hanging it out pretty hard in the corners" is most likely very tame.

Makes plenty of sense. I Don't care what they are made out of.. I just dont want to roll a tire off a rim for the THIRD time.
Not trying to crash here. And iim not trying to spend 3000$ for rims on a 350$ car.
also , 91 4 door.

Makes plenty of sense. I Don't care what they are made out of.. I just dont want to roll a tire off a rim for the THIRD time.

also , 91 4 door.
Sounds like you weren't running enough tire pressure.

17x8 or 17x8.5 Enkie RPF1's (use adapters) are pretty easy to find on CL. Strong and light. You'll want a set with high offset so you can use adapters. Something in the et32-40 range would work.

SSR Type C's would be great too, but they are a little harder to come by.

Sounds like you weren't running enough tire pressure.

17x8 or 17x8.5 Enkie RPF1's (use adapters) are pretty easy to find on CL. Strong and light. You'll want a set with high offset so you can use adapters. Something in the et32-40 range would work.

SSR Type C's would be great too, but they are a little harder to come by.

what, 40 psi isn't enough?

Back