home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > General > showroom

Old 05-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #26
auditechjs
Clever words here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoose View Post
So did you spray and cut, or mask everything off?
I added pictures.... I peeled off the headlights and tail lights after it dried. The rest was masked off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr brick driver View Post
Do you realize this is a rare car. From what i can see you ruined the eblems, the door lock cylenders, and casued about an additional 1000 in work for someone who wants to actally paint this car. I don't get it. It needed the upper surfaces painted and you completed f-ed the whole car.
auditechjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #27
Crazychopstick
(/// _ - )

Location: Receiving Transmission from David Bowie nipple antenna

That's pretty neat. What was the cost?

I think I'm going to go with that color as well, been deciding a while.
Crazychopstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #28
auditechjs
Clever words here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazychopstick View Post
That's pretty neat. What was the cost?

I think I'm going to go with that color as well, been deciding a while.
Paint, gun, tape came to about $340 total. I was able to get 20% off my order at dipyourcar.com, so that helped a lot.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:22 PM   #29
AndrewNance
Amateur hour!

Pretty slick. It's making me want to do the 122.
Feedback

AndrewNance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:27 PM   #30
kinematics
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by auditechjs View Post
I added pictures.... I peeled off the headlights and tail lights after it dried. The rest was masked off.

Are you actually in portland or elsewhere? I should drive my car down and have you spray it.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:27 PM   #31
auditechjs
Clever words here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewNance View Post
Pretty slick. It's making me want to do the 122.
Less talking more doing!
Old 05-25-2013, 11:30 PM   #32
auditechjs
Clever words here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinematics View Post
Are you actually in portland or elsewhere? I should drive my car down and have you spray it.
I'm in Stony Point, NY. The "not, portland" is just a joke. :P
Old 05-25-2013, 11:37 PM   #33
kinematics
Board Member

darn too bad, guess I will just have to man up and buy a gun. paint is still somewhat low priority though for me.

Looks good though, very nice job
kinematics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:03 AM   #34
vagabond
Board Member

i like all of this very much

-Vagabond
1980 242 DL - shake a tail shaft!
1980 242 DL - (the ugly twin) sold :-\
1986 s10 blazer, smallblock, bagged, suicide doors.

RIP 1991 244 N/A - stripped and left for scrap.
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:02 AM   #35
mr brick driver
Board Member

Do you realize this is a rare car. From what i can see you ruined the eblems, the door lock cylenders, and casued about an additional 1000 in work for someone who wants to actally paint this car. I don't get it. It needed the upper surfaces painted and you completed f-ed the whole car. If you want to do work at this level why don't you go buy a 2002 honda civic where this type of paint would be welcome.

Last edited by mr brick driver; 05-26-2013 at 01:10 AM..
mr brick driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:12 AM   #36
Manbeard
#helpbrock2k16

Quote:
Do you realize this is a rare car. From what i can see you ruined the eblems, the door lock cylenders, and casued about an additional 1000 in work for someone who wants to actally paint this car. I don't get it. It needed the upper surfaces painted and you completed f-ed the whole car. If you want to do work at this level why don't you go buy a 2002 honda civic where this type of paint would be welcome.
LOL.

zomg jesse u r a CRIMINAL!

a madman!!!!!!!!

mr brick driver, since you're a little slow, lets re-read the thread title. the second word "plasti-dipped" shows us what kind of paint mr auditech used. plasti-dip has the ability to be peeled off. you need to calm down a little bit. he didn't ruin anything, he made it better.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:17 AM   #37
91_740Turbo
Board Member

Quote:

91_740Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:26 AM   #38
propav8r
F*ck Edgar

Quote:
OP needs to sig at least a portion of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxman51 View Post
turn the ignition timing up til it's faster than eamon's miata, then replace the shortblock #wootenthings

My Project (It's a 1979 244DL...sort of.)
K-Jet to Megasquirt Article

The Departed: 1981 245, 1983 245 Turbo, 1983 244 Turbo, 1983 242 Turbo, 1984 244, 1985 245 Turbo,
1989 244, 1989 765, 1990 245 Turbo, 1991 244, 1992 245, 1997 855
propav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:33 AM   #39
Matt
ICY HOT STUNTA

Quote:
at least we know you're an idiot.

SHOtime - '90 744 Turbo
The LowCar - '93 945 Turbo
Ghetto Superstar/SkidCar - '88 740
Brown - '85 740 Turbo
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:09 AM   #40
McThadd
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMastodon View Post
I did the same few weeks ago.
I've seen you around, my work is located just south (59th and Roosevelt) of where that picture was taken. Such a rad 122, had no idea it was plastidipped!
McThadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:18 AM   #41
cookiemonster
Board Member

Quote:
I almost died laughing. How damn dumb can you be? Jesse will never sell this car, so who gives a flying **** of what he does to his own car? If you don't like what he did to his car go plastidip your eye balls so you can never seen it again!

Back on topic, I love it! You need to post the pic of you in the military convoy! And can I barrow your spray gun? I want to plastidip my truck an 240!

2001 f250 powerstroke, 535hp 715tq
1983 c30 dually, 350/350 6/8 drop
91 240, m47, ipd springs, sweet cone filter!
cookiemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:40 AM   #42
Silver
No crust.

Quote:
Awesome.

Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:02 AM   #43
Trevor+
Volvo Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
plasti-dip has the ability to be peeled off.
A thin layer of rubber protects the car, like a condom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hathos View Post
GODDAMNIT, IT WASN'T RATTLE CANNED. IT WAS EARL SCHEIBED AND *MATCHED* TO A RATTLE CAN
Trevor+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:10 AM   #44
TonyMastodon
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McThadd View Post
I've seen you around, my work is located just south (59th and Roosevelt) of where that picture was taken. Such a rad 122, had no idea it was plastidipped!
awesome! yea im on 67 and roosevelt!
TonyMastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:04 AM   #45
2fast242gt
Do you have a cobalt?

Quote:
Unlike ignorance. The paint is removable... with an unharmed factory finished left underneath..
2fast242gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:40 AM   #46
Brandon
Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast242gt View Post
Unlike ignorance. The paint is removable... with an unharmed factory finished left underneath..
But unlike brick driver, this car at one time had a desirable factory finish.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #47
Mueller
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoose View Post
So did you spray and cut, or mask everything off?
youtube it....

A few good videos showing the process...one I watched the guy just cut and peeled the stuff right off the lights windows

Car looks good from the pictures.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #48
dieselboy
Whooty patrol

Quote:

How do you really feel bro? What about me rollering my car with house paint? I didn't mask a thing. I just used a razor blade for cleanup.

I've thought about painting my 242 olive drab
'08 f350 4x4 v10 cclb
'97 f-350 4x4 offroad toy
'94 4700 dt466 International toterhome build

Last edited by dieselboy; 05-26-2013 at 01:59 PM..
dieselboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #49
auditechjs
Clever words here

Quote:
bahaha, this is TOO rich. I'm almost in tears over here! You hurt my feelings, i should go cry in a corner because someone doesn't like what i'm doing WITH MY OWN CAR! Oh wait, nope. I don't care if you don't like it. I did it for me, and what style i was going for, not yours. If anything, i PROTECTED the remaining ****ty paint in whatever state it is. Yes I'm aware this is a rare car. I'm also not a pussy afraid to modify it, throw in a manual trans and performance parts to my liking. The emblems and lock cylinders(spelled correctly) have also been peeled off back to their normal chrome finish, because again, IT'S REMOVABAL. Do a little research before you try your snarky half-assed opinions here, dicksauce.

Last edited by auditechjs; 05-26-2013 at 03:01 PM..
Old 05-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #50
2manyturbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by auditechjs View Post
bahaha, this is TOO rich. I'm almost in tears over here! You hurt my feelings, i should go cry in a corner because someone doesn't like what i'm doing WITH MY OWN CAR! Oh wait, nope. I don't care if you don't like it. I did it for me, and what style i was going for, not yours. If anything, i PROTECTED the remaining ****ty paint in whatever state it is. Yes I'm aware this is a rare car. I'm also not a pussy afraid to modify it, throw in a manual trans and performance parts to my liking. The emblems and lock cylinders(spelled correctly) have also been peeled off back to their normal chrome finish, because again, IT'S REMOVABAL. Do a little research before you try your snarky half-assed opinions here, dicksauce.
Dude, take a chill pill. Name calling makes YOU look like a dick. mr brick driver isn't impressed with what you did, so what? To be perfectly honest with you, I think it sucks too. At least it is "removable". It's your car, do what you want with it. Before you go throwing stones, you might want to run spell check. You obviously aren't the greatest at "speeelun" yourself.
2manyturbos is offline   Reply With Quote