• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Need EZK Help

DavidSamuels

K-Jet-Free Zone
I have been working my way slowly through an LH2.2/EZK conversion. I purchased a custom harness here on the site, but it was DOA. At this point I've been through the entire harness and repaired no less than four bad wires. Used the various EZK articles to do a ton of troubleshooting and basically trace every wire except the knock sensor leads. Still can't get the sucker started. Anyone who is intimately familiar with EZK/LH and wants to spend some time on this with me, I'll gladly compensate. PM me please.

thanks,
Dave

Got some basics in my brain, at least from the 2.4 variant. If you wanna bounce some ideas around I'll be in the garage tomorrow morning and early afternoon (hvac repair on the wagon). Anytime after 10 I should be up and about most likely. You have my number. Also, you hit up k-jet.org for the wiring diagrams by now I assume?

UPdate: After finding the fifth bad connection in this harness I gave up in frustration. Who knows how many more gremlins are in it. I was baffled by continuity checks from the FPR to the ECU as well. Once you start considering the worst case scenario, it is only a matter of time, and finally late Thursday I just ripped the whole thing out. Really a shame because I spent hours routing this mess beautifully (not to mention the cost of the harness!). Left nothing but the power harnesses, positive and ground from the battery. Pulled an LH2.2 harness and an EZK setup I got from Andy years go off the shelf and got started. With some much appreciated help from Myles I finished the harness yesterday and started installing. Will finish up this morning. Gary, thanks for the offer, may be in touch. There is still the possibility the EZK was fried by the original, bad FPR setup. I verified the 541 in my turbo, so at least that's good. 84B23F, thanks very much for that link--that looks great. Believe it or not, this is the first time I've integrated EZK. When I've converted cars to LH I have always left the breakerless or the Chrysler/Volvo ignition intact.

Fingers crossed!

Done and done. Thanks again to Myles for tech (and moral) support. This was a great opportunity to route injector wires and other things they way I really like them to be. Finished routing the harness late yesterday. Plugged in the ECU/ICU this morning, car fired right up and idled perfectly. Still wish EZK would catch as fast as Chrysler LH2.2. Seems it always needs a few turns where the Chrysler system will go seemingly on half a crank. I won't hesitate to do this upgrade again.

"Still wish EZK would catch as fast as Chrysler LH2.2. Seems it always needs a few turns where the Chrysler system will go seemingly on half a crank."

If I remember correctly it's a safety feature built into the 2.2.(like starting in gear etc.) not sure where I read it but does seem to crank more than Chrysler 2.2.

Our 2.4 cars are the same. Seems like three revs does it. Not really an issue. Certainly not as bad as the infamous LH2.0 "always starts on the second crank in one rev, but will almost never start on the first keying unless you do the wiring mod".

"Still wish EZK would catch as fast as Chrysler LH2.2.

Most likely due to this:

volvo.gif

Done and done. Thanks again to Myles for tech (and moral) support. This was a great opportunity to route injector wires and other things they way I really like them to be. Finished routing the harness late yesterday. Plugged in the ECU/ICU this morning, car fired right up and idled perfectly. Still wish EZK would catch as fast as Chrysler LH2.2. Seems it always needs a few turns where the Chrysler system will go seemingly on half a crank. I won't hesitate to do this upgrade again.

I notice the same thing needing a few more turns for mine to fire as well. Although I did not put a light on mine right before the conversion, it's not as rock solid as most suggest. Timing moves around a little still. The Chrysler box was solid for 310,000 miles and no issues. I did like that instant cranking. All my wiring is still in place in case it failed. Now I need to make it look good and remove the old wiring.

But only on 2.4.

German engineering, which allows for oil-pressurization before start-up; what more do you want:wtf:

Fine point, but I suspect it can fire sooner if crank is in right position; I've noticed sometimes oil light goes right out when it fires up, and at other times, just a quick moment later.

Back