• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

HUB's 1968 122s Wagon Project

Good Morning Everyone,

Ordered my flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate the other day. Should arrive next week. Will yank the motor out this weekend.

The MS3pro arrived today. Will start planning my attack to learn how to install this system.

kyqkHDWl.jpg

P9z3MxZl.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
Nice! I?ve been checking every day for updates. How?s life?

Its going well. Trying to get some of these big purchases out of the way before our first kid arrives May 28th. My feeling is once our daughter is born, time and money for the volvo will decrease. Haha.

Thanks,

Morning Everyone,

Got the clutch setup in the other day. Got it put in this afternoon.

F80i9lxl.jpg

C3zObHJl.jpg

A81EvaVl.jpg

qb6Gdbil.jpg

However, when I press the fork all the way, it hits the BH and is just barely touching the pressure plate. Leads me to believe the fork and or TOB isn't the correct setup for this...
bIgmiFil.jpg

Pressed all the way
TQLm8xZl.jpg

6vTpLwil.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
Good Afternoon everyone,

Worked on adjusting the fork and TOB today. Ended up putting .306" spacer under the pivot ball to have the TOB just barely touching the pressure plate. If I removed one more washer, the TOB wasn't touching the PP. Don't know if there is supposed to be an air gap of some sort. Still researching.

tIEsKBHl.jpg

LkqUI5Ll.jpg

Will setup a clutch fork return spring (don't know if I need it) and will need to get some different bolts for the starter.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Got the motor and trans in the other other day. Bolted everything up today. Realized I was missing the collar for engine and BH. Found it in a box of parts and started cleaning it up. Debating on powder coating it...

I started to mock up the J-pipe design for the exhaust manifold and turbo setup. Wanted to get the turbo up more. Used some PVC and wood to come with a design. Will then take it to a coworker to fabricate this correctly out of steel.

Was thinking of putting the external wastegate on the backside ( this would be about the middle of the PVC). Thoughts?

mGLLfCal.jpg

NYkR5Rgl.jpg

JpnZby3l.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
I don’t see why the wastegate wouldn’t work there. I’d try to angle it up a little if you can just so the exhaust doesn’t have to make a hard 90* when it opens. I’m just gonna use an internal gate this time around. Easy packaging, less noise.

I don?t see why the wastegate wouldn?t work there. I?d try to angle it up a little if you can just so the exhaust doesn?t have to make a hard 90* when it opens. I?m just gonna use an internal gate this time around. Easy packaging, less noise.

I was thinking about moving it more to the front to give the exhaust more room to clear. Will know more when everything arrives next week.

Thanks,

Excellent build Mr. Hub! I'm not an Amazon man, but came close. I was in Japan back in 2010 and a fantastic 122S came up for sale in south GA. I tried to hold the guy with a deposit until I could get back to the States, but someone showed up with cash (a 2 owner 2 door 122S).

You are doing excellent work.... and will find it a bit more challenging after that baby arrives! I do like the 122 Wagon, always makes me think of surfboards and wood sides.......

Excellent build Mr. Hub! I'm not an Amazon man, but came close. I was in Japan back in 2010 and a fantastic 122S came up for sale in south GA. I tried to hold the guy with a deposit until I could get back to the States, but someone showed up with cash (a 2 owner 2 door 122S).

You are doing excellent work.... and will find it a bit more challenging after that baby arrives! I do like the 122 Wagon, always makes me think of surfboards and wood sides.......

Thank you for your kind words. I?ll keep everyone posted.

Good Evening,

Some new toys arrived the other day. Went with a AGP Turbo CW5257B .48 A/R T3. This will have a quick spool time and match well with my other modifications. Only planning to make 300 to 330. Wastegate is a 38mm Tial MVS with V-band flanges.

pmFAF98l.jpg

cErIl9Zl.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
Good Morning,

A few more parts arrived the other day. Also started the process of finding a home for the MS3 along with other electrical stuff. Will be cleaning up the wiring mess once I starting hooking up the MS.
an1DCaKl.jpg

fFDxRLfl.jpg

Thanks,

Back