• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

it is a good choice ? pistons rods injectors

The choice of the turbo is not blocked but is one of this;
GTX3071R
GTX3076R
PT5858CEA
PT6262CEA

850cc is ok

My tuner finish a Renault Megane 2 RS with gtx3071r 850cc E85 and lot of other part 554hp / 570nm at 1.7 bars

I need your knowledge please

Someone to test or information on the strength of these parts with 25/30psi - 7000/7500rpm ?

https://www.maxpeedingrods.co.uk/high-performance-volvo-b230-h-beam-connecting-rods-conrods.html

https://www.acm.se/en/category/volvo-b230-b234-8

Are these 850cc injectors ok for a B230FK ?

https://www.cpfuelinjection.co.uk/volvo-s60r-v70r-2-5-turbo-injectors/

Thanks a lot for your help

Hi WTF, Look:
For Volvo B230 H-Beam Connecting Rods & Conrods

Fit for

For Volvo B230 engines

Material

Forged 4340 aircraft chrome moly quality steel

Quantity

4 Pieces as showing in picture

Bolts

Including ARP 2000 bolts

Bolts size

Genuine ARP 2000 3/8" bolts<--------

Lubricants

Including ARP Ultra Torque Assembly Lubricants

Tolerance

Balanced to +/- 1 gram in set

Note

Extra cost for upgrading to ARP L19 bolts

Warranty

Limited lifetime warranty

Dimensions

Center to center length

152 mm

Big end diameter

52 mm

Small end diameter

XX mm

Big end width

24.8 mm<-------------------------------------------!!!!

Small end width

XX mm

These points hold the promise of futre en future>>

There are better rods that are full 29.75mm wide at big end --what we call "crank steered"
That gives you more choice in piston design that "rod steered" like orginal rods and these

ACM at least has that correct..But ACM still has 3/8 rod bolts which are smaller than original, and still 23mm pin..
The nicer rods are longer--between ACM 158 and 165mm center-to-center,,,at 160mm and 22mm pin for more choice in pin design (thicker wall or lighter or material) than 23mm and they come with bigger than original rod bolts ARP 7/16".

I supply the nicer rods...
And I am CP and J&E dealer so I can offer you more choice in diameter, piston crown or bowl shape if you have any special wants, or needs..

Where in France are you? Long ago I was based in Conner? in 72 Sarthe and later in Beaune, C?te-d'Or for motorsports.

850cc is ok

My tuner finish a Renault Megane 2 RS with gtx3071r 850cc E85 and lot of other part 554hp / 570nm at 1.7 bars

21kyo1u.png

Sjeng ok but how you explain this

And make a easily calcul
440cc is ok to over 300hp
880cc normally are ok to over 600hp

The method form my tuner for calculate the injector size for run E85 is easy
How much HP you want + 30%

I believe my tuner but you can be sure if 850cc are finally too small is not buy to go buy bigger ;-)

Last edited:
Yeah the rod bolt size doesn't mean anything. Cause, I mean. Look at all of the people that snap rodbolts. The only time it really happens is when a bearing goes bye bye.

Yeah the rod bolt size doesn't mean anything. Cause, I mean. Look at all of the people that snap rodbolts. The only time it really happens is when a bearing goes bye bye.

Yeah they just put bigger rod bolts in every real UP-graded connecting rod just to try and fool gullible people..

Man it's good that Turbobricks has been blessed with such astute experts in engine building who can see thru all those tricks ALL the rod makers try..

Yeah they just put bigger rod bolts in every real UP-graded connecting rod just to try and fool gullible people..

Man it's good that Turbobricks has been blessed with such astute experts in engine building who can see thru all those tricks ALL the rod makers try..

The Scat rods in the 5.0L drift engine use 3/8 rod bolts. Those pistons are HEAVY, and it spins to 6500 all day long.

The old 8v rally engine was a completely stock bottom end with 13mm rods, and it rev'd out to 8k rpm all the time.

7/16" rod bolts are stronger, but are they necessary?

You just don?t get it do you?

How many redblock rodbolts have you personally seen snapped due to anything other then a blown out engine. And at what power level?

Sjeng ok but how you explain this

And make a easily calcul
440cc is ok to over 300hp

Gasoline and that's pushing it. (assuming 4 cylinder)

880cc normally are ok to over 600hp

The method form my tuner for calculate the injector size for run E85 is easy
How much HP you want + 30%

I believe my tuner but you can be sure if 850cc are finally too small is not buy to go buy bigger ;-)

850cc on e85 is not enough for 550hp.

Two possibilities:

1: (Adjustable) FPR with 5 bar pressure, (strange, because bigger injectors cost the same)
2: Dyno numbers are inflated. 550hp on a 3071R is pushing it as well.

How many redblock rodbolts have you personally seen snapped due to anything other then a blown out engine. And at what power level?

Why NOT? Choice..something wrong with doing something stronger? Or is it just your buddies didn't bother to look and see the opportunity to do something bigger than stock--they just copied that which was already done..
So why do you and a couple of other of the same little clique complain about a bigger rod bolt than stock? What does it HURT?

7/16" is stronger, and it hurts nothing, you're just trolling.
Crank steered is, when going to oversize aftermarket pistons, BETTER. It gives MORE choices..
Something wrong with more choices?

Reactions: Flo
The Scat rods in the 5.0L drift engine use 3/8 rod bolts.

Up from 5/16"

Those pistons are HEAVY, and it spins to 6500 all day long. Yeah, right

The old 8v rally engine was a completely stock bottom end with 13mm rods, and it rev'd out to 8k rpm all the time. Those rod bolts were 10mm.....0393"....3/8 is .375"..So the stock bolts are virtually 0,5mm larger...why did Volvo use such big bolts if you and the troll-boys insist its not important?

7/16" rod bolts are stronger, but are they necessary?

Is anything necessary?

Back