• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Project Battle Wagon!

i drift volvos

cracker
Project Battle Wagon! V8 dorifto wagon

This is my 86 245 i'm planning on drifting this season. The plans are some good suspension, sbc, and a cage. We'll see how far i get this season. Kinda busy right now so haven't had time to work on it. The suspension is blown and i found some rust holes in the floor board that need to be repaired. Hopefully i'll start working on it soon.

IMG_3532.jpg

IMG_3533.jpg

IMG_3550.jpg

My JTR v8 swap crossmember and V6 IPD front sway bar.

Last edited:
keep the front end weight down and get an ls1

Using aluminum heads...so they v8 weight should be close to the weight of the stock motor. Going with a carb setup so it's less stuff to break ;)

some updates:

Since there was a complaint about lack of thread here i decided to post this crap up. Maybe i'll get to work on it some this weekend :D

IMG_0195-1.jpg

Finally pulled the motor and tranny 2 weeks ago. Ended up crushing my finger w/ the driveshaft...which sucked. Bought some sheet metal and have been practicing welding for when i repair the rust.

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

welding>me

The welder im using is old as hell and you can't adjust the voltage...just the wire speed. Getting better...slowly...lol

Got my seats in and my suspension is at the platers...but hopefully will be here soon :D

Cut the front windshield out last night...i'll grind the rust areas down and work on repairing that this weekend.

The most important thing is that i got a bunch of stuff done around the house...so i can work on the car now :D

No idea what I'm doing on headers yet. Need to do some research on that. The exhaust shop im planning on using said they could adjust headers some but couldn't make custom ones.

No idea on specs on the motor. I know it's a street motor....it was a test motor for some street heads. I don't think we make the heads anymore...not even sure if they ever went into production.

looks good. But you are talking about V6 swaybar. V6 swaybar from what car model ?

huh? I have a ipd sway bar for a v6 240. You can see it in the picture. It slumps down more than the 4 cylinder brace.

Last edited:
i have the hedman tight tuck block huggers. they sell them on summit. they fit without modification. they are not ideal for high performance apps but they have worked for me...

since you plan of drifting the car, which a assume means a manual trans, and banging gears really hard you might want to box the motor mount...

here is mine.. it has held up fine...

passengermount.jpg

driversmount.jpg

nakedengine.jpg

planning on using a muncie tranny. Next time i get a chance to work on it i'll pull the motor and try and box the mounts. Do you have any close up pictures of your headers? I was doing some reading and read that the lt1 impala headers work really well. Also going to pick up a 8.8 next time i'm in tulsa.

Got a chance to work on it a little this weekend.....didn't get much done. Took the motor out and started adding support to the crossmember. I still suck at welding...so did a lot of grinding.

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

got the crossmember done! It's straight up ooglie....but it works.

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

Everything clears fine

IMG_0274.jpg

Got the lt1 caprice headers this weekend....i'll bolt them up this week and see how the look.

Back