• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's Turbo LS 244

Yeah the 55 should be fun. It's not going to be a show car, going to throw on used trim and probably wrap it after the body work, I'll try to throw some engine pictures up later. The original plan was to twin turbo it. But it's going to be n/a for simplicity. My dad is working on building some itb manifolds for it now that he is later going to have cnc'd

Yeah my dad helped develop these chassis in the early 90s he's been using these since I can remember. I remember when the c4s we're still new and I thought they were the coolest cars ever and I would point them out. He would always say, "those are just parts cars" little did he know in 2018 he would be daily driving a 1990 zr1 :lol:

Yeah my dad helped develop these chassis in the early 90s he's been using these since I can remember. I remember when the c4s we're still new and I thought they were the coolest cars ever and I would point them out. He would always say, "those are just parts cars" little did he know in 2018 he would be daily driving a 1990 zr1 :lol:

Nice. Its such a simple setup that works very well for its purpose

Well, going racing this weekend! Installed a 25mm sway bar in the rear and threw a stocker back in the front. Remover the exhaust before the axle and did a turn down to clear everything. It's so loud but sounds fantastic

Let me know Erik. I've got plans in the evening, might be free in the morning, wagon is still running solid. Chance of rain though so who knows.

Now if I can kick this cold...

Whelp got the fuel system done. Ended up going with twin 525 pumps in the stock sump. Welded in another stock sending unit hole offset for fuel level. Which I might add hasn't worked in over a year. I'm returning through the sending unit and straight feed off the sump. I'm running 5/8 pfte steel braided lines to the rail now. I'm using Ms to trigger a standard bosch relay which triggers a 80amp stinger relay. The power is fed off the alternator and 8g wire to the the pumps. Relay and pumps are grounded off the negative terminal of the battery

What power level are you looking to achieve with all of this? Were you fuel limited before?

I don't really at this point have a set power goal. I'm just trying to completely optimize the car so if I want to kick it hard I can without worrying about it. And yes on the single 450 with 80s on e85 it would go lean and fuel pressure would drop off. Better to overshoot the fuel system imo

I will say this, the pumps fit in easily when you get rid of the sending unit and return line. However I would never suggest welding one of these old tanks, the offgas from the old galvanizing is absolutely brutal. I'm willing to bet the new tanks you can buy are alot safer and easier to weld

I will say this, the pumps fit in easily when you get rid of the sending unit and return line. However I would never suggest welding one of these old tanks, the offgas from the old galvanizing is absolutely brutal. I'm willing to bet the new tanks you can buy are alot safer and easier to weld

Interesting, even with filter socks? If I ever need more fueling than one pump can handle I was just planning to find a new tank and put in a fuel sending setup made for two pumps with a big opening so I never have to fish out another float.

That offgas you speak of would be cyanide gas.

Back