• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

SquareD's slow and steady 945 tarbo project

Thanks, I was messing with photobucket earlier and didn't realize that I actually posted anything. Here's a few more.

20160611_113835.jpg

20160611_121156.jpg

BBS1.jpg

DSC09785.jpg

Rolling home from Cars and Coffee this morning. Slapped some green giants from Gilber33 on it last night, seems to be running great.

Been sitting on these S/V90 door sill moldings for a while. Nice little touch when you open the door.
DSC04716.jpg

Did some work to the cooling system. Rad cleaner/flush, distilled flush, GM heater core valve, new OE expansion tank, Zerex G-05 coolant and Royal Purple coolant additive.

Also did a sick family mod and added a third kid a month ago. 2 girls and now a boy.

No pictures, too tired.

Nice Vaggen! That OEM paint looks fine indeed...... but forget getting anyone's attention with one of these. Mine only opens eyes with 16 psig, they are otherwise invisible.

M90 this winter? That's when I hope to finally get mine installed.

Nice Vaggen! That OEM paint looks fine indeed...... but forget getting anyone's attention with one of these. Mine only opens eyes with 16 psig, they are otherwise invisible.

M90 this winter? That's when I hope to finally get mine installed.

Yoshifab billet flywheel and Clutchmasters clutch kit are supposed to ship today. I'm really hoping I can get the M90 installed in time for the VCOA Nats at Elkhart Lake mid Sept. With 3 kids including a newborn, it's going to be tough; unless I farm it out ($$$). This car will not be what I want it to be until it has a stick. Period. I've dreamed of a 7/9 with a real 5 speed for 20+ years.

I love this wagon.

Who doesn't? :)

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
I figured this thread was sufficiently project-y, so I had it moved. I also updated the first post with some backstory about the car, the work that's been done since I got it and some stuff that will hopefully get done in the next several years... :-P

Attention to detail level: Commendable.

Haha, thanks. I try to do little things, like wire brushing stuff during reassembly or painting a piece of trim, to slowly bring the whole car's level of detailing up. I probably don't realize how much I've done because it's such a slow process... and I'm so picky.

I'm excited to see your 940 get an m90. I'm sure it will be well documented.

I'm super excited about the m90, I hope it stokes a fire to motivate me to do it when I'm already tired as all get-out.

I'm actually not that great at documenting during the process. If I do it myself, it'll take multiple weeks to finish, so I'll probably have time to walk out the garage after the kids are down and snap a couple pictures with my phone.

DSC04459.jpg

Finished the EGR delete and Yoshifab CCV/catch can installation. Mr. Babbs hooked me up with a modded, non-EGR EZK chip and had it shipped to me super fast for super cheap; big thanks to him. Let it idle and warm up, let it sit and then took it for a drive. Check engine light didn't come on, so it looks like it was a successful couple weekends of work. There's always other projects to tackle tho.

Thanks for the catch can information. Definitely need to do this.

Looking good!

Thanks for the catch can information. Definitely need to do this.

Looking good!

You're welcome and thanks for the compliment!

Rounded out my NIW manifold collection. No way these will be in before next spring.

DSC04732.jpg

Couple more pics of muh engine bay.

DSC04742.jpg

DSC04738.jpg

Recently flushed out the intercooler and also installed some poly, outer stay rod bushings and iPd braided stainless brake lines on the front. Front end and the brakes both seem a touch better. It seems to have developed a warm start issue the past couple weeks, I'll have to look into that.

Couple snaps from cars and coffee this morning. Of course I had to park next to one of the smallest and roundest cars there. lol

IMG_20160820_140244.jpg

IMG_20160820_110841.jpg

Back