• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Homer's 1990 240 redblock exorcism

Complete with rear main seal anti-corrosion coating. :spin:
Holset%20007.jpg

63534_910977312169_16818372_47777647_4013276_n.jpg

Last edited:
Cause everyone loves pictures. The trans is from a 94 960.
Put it on the engine stand for the massive degrease to come.
DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

Managed to get the shift knob off without breaking anything. Going to remake the shift boot in black suede along with the knob.
DSC_0073.jpg

Test spot.
DSC_0079.jpg

Last edited:
Nope ! Thats a no-go.. under some circumstances you can break the flange, which will lead to serious injuries !! Buy a transmissionstand instead... !

/edit... when mounted to a trannystand.. i cleaned my m90 with a k?rcher

1.514-504.jpg

worked pretty well.. the rest i did with brakecleaner on Acetone base.. looked like fresh from bench ;)

The whiteblock M90s seem to come more often than not with the round, 4 bolt output flange. I wonder if the bolt pattern is the same as in earlier 200-series cars. Or are you going to change the flange and use the never style drive shaft with a guibo?

The whiteblock M90s seem to come more often than not with the round, 4 bolt output flange. I wonder if the bolt pattern is the same as in earlier 200-series cars. Or are you going to change the flange and use the never style drive shaft with a guibo?

I believe they ALL came with the 4 bolt flange.
I'm not sure about the bolt pattern, I'll have to take some measurements.

Going to the 3 bolt flange: I'd only do that if the flange off my M47 fit the M90. Otherwise its not worth the trouble to find an M90 flange.

Nope ! Thats a no-go.. under some circumstances you can break the flange, which will lead to serious injuries !! Buy a transmissionstand instead... !

/edit... when mounted to a trannystand.. i cleaned my m90 with a k?rcher

1.514-504.jpg

worked pretty well.. the rest i did with brakecleaner on Acetone base.. looked like fresh from bench ;)

Karl was being a sarcastic douche...

Back