• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Trailing arm bushing orientation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wagonmeister aka David Samuels has his own poly bushings that utilizes the existing shell. A bit of work is involved in burning/cutting out the old rubber, but it's very easy to press in the new poly core. I've enjoyed mine for 20k miles without issue.

Has anyone tried filling these bushings with polyurethane windshield glue? I've seen it done to other bushings before.

For a road car the PU bushes are the best bet. They are easy to fit and no special tools needed as you leave the outer shell in place. You do with my bushes and all the other ones I have seen. The voids in the axle bushes do not help the axle move in anyway you want it to.
For race car then the bearing mounts are the best bet (from Ben) as they acuratly locate the axle but allow the axle to articulate from one side to the other.

:roll:

Those voids are there for a reason.

This isn't an engine mount...

Derp derp Kaplan

Its called worry about NVH for ancient Swedes who don't want the world intruding in their comfortable cocoons. It might wake them up.

That "brilliant" analysis" could be thrown around for every nut bolt screw, spring rate, damping rate, tire and wheel size, everything in the car was there for "a reason".

Obvious platitude is obviously platitudinous:roll:

I want a soft rear end that follows the ground nicely on gravel without lifting the inner wheel. That's why I'm running all rubber bushings, LSD, stock springs and no rear bar. Just gotta find some decent rear shocks.

Derp derp Kaplan

Its called worry about NVH for ancient Swedes who don't want the world intruding in their comfortable cocoons. It might wake them up.

That "brilliant" analysis" could be thrown around for every nut bolt screw, spring rate, damping rate, tire and wheel size, everything in the car was there for "a reason".

Obvious platitude is obviously platitudinous:roll:

It's not purely for NVH. They do aid in NVH but its not their key purpose.

It's not purely for NVH. They do aid in NVH but its not their key purpose.

Whatever Kaplan, you know what thweir intention was but who cares. Bushings with voids fail in use, so you want to bloviate, go bloviate..

This guy asking the question is not some simpering whiny little suburbs pimple squeezer...

He is not interested in your analysis of the intention of some Volvop engineer 35-45 years ago...

I want a soft rear end that follows the ground nicely on gravel without lifting the inner wheel. That's why I'm running all rubber bushings, LSD, stock springs and no rear bar. Just gotta find some decent rear shocks.

I might possible have something...only thing might be postage,
But!
I should be sending a Cosworth head to a guy down in Sm?land soon, maybe I could slip them in at that time..
Might be just a bit longer overall.

you want to bloviate, go bloviate..

LOL,

Chief_Black_Kettle.jpg

If you want to ruin the handling, go ahead and fill the voids w/ glue or install poly.

Last edited:
I hate to ruin another good bushing argument, but D.E has left the building..
Another chunk of 7075 and 20 minutes on the lathe, now it also works as a removal tool. :-P Got the bushing out and put it back in the right way. It isn't pretty after all that but I'm sure it'll work.

Thank you everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back