home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2020, 04:05 PM   #1
ogamer777
Loading...
 
ogamer777's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New North Winchestersonville (PNW 425 gang)
Default Does the STS machining ac delete bracket work with teardrop PS pump?

I donít remember if the sts machining ac delete bracket / ps pump relocation bracket works with the teardrop ps pump. For an 83 240 turbo k jet.
__________________
84 242 DL M46 212000Mi
82 244 GLT (15G) M46 243500Mi 23 Aug 2019
79 242 GT 1 of 600 Aussie RHD BW55 312223Km
83 245 TURBO M46 "117000Mi"
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
81 264 GLE M46 105k

Feedback thread: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=322924
ogamer777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 04:14 PM   #2
RvolvoR
Board Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: PDX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogamer777 View Post
I donít remember if the sts machining ac delete bracket / ps pump relocation bracket works with the teardrop ps pump. For an 83 240 turbo k jet.
no, it is meant for late model (b230) pumps.
RvolvoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 06:42 PM   #3
ogamer777
Loading...
 
ogamer777's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New North Winchestersonville (PNW 425 gang)
Default

Ok thank you
ogamer777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 08:43 PM   #4
bobxyz
Board Member
 
bobxyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Boulder CO
Default

Since TBricks search doesn't do 2 or 3 letter words (AC or A/C), try searching For Sale for something like: "delete bracket" or maybe just "delete"
e.g. http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=179746
bobxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 09:27 PM   #5
77volvo245
Board Member
 
77volvo245's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland Oregon
Default

It can. I modified the IPD - Air Conditioning Bypass Kit spacer and made another washer to fit with the existing steel brackets..
__________________
STSmachining
77volvo245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 09:54 PM   #6
ogamer777
Loading...
 
ogamer777's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New North Winchestersonville (PNW 425 gang)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77volvo245 View Post
It can. I modified the IPD - Air Conditioning Bypass Kit spacer and made another washer to fit with the existing steel brackets..
I am not familiar with what washer you are referring to. I know the IPD spacer, but how did you modify it and what does the fabricated washer look like/do?
ogamer777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 10:35 PM   #7
77volvo245
Board Member
 
77volvo245's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland Oregon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogamer777 View Post
I am not familiar with what washer you are referring to. I know the IPD spacer, but how did you modify it and what does the fabricated washer look like/do?
The small stainless washer or spacer I made is pictured on the top bolt between the black anodized aluminum bracket and the volvo steel bracket. I think I removed 1/4 off the ipd spacer to have the correct spacing to lineup on the crank.


20201130_182211 by scott Becker, on Flickr
77volvo245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 12:28 AM   #8
quillc
yv1a.com
 
quillc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kitsap, Wa
Default

I run the factory bracket that the STS piece is a reproduction of on my 83 242DL and my 84 242 GLT.

Works fine.
__________________
Chris
www.yv1a.com
quillc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 01:41 AM   #9
ogamer777
Loading...
 
ogamer777's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New North Winchestersonville (PNW 425 gang)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77volvo245 View Post
The small stainless washer or spacer I made is pictured on the top bolt between the black anodized aluminum bracket and the volvo steel bracket. I think I removed 1/4 off the ipd spacer to have the correct spacing to lineup on the crank.


20201130_182211 by scott Becker, on Flickr
Thanks for the clarification. Should be simple to replicate that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by quillc View Post
I run the factory bracket that the STS piece is a reproduction of on my 83 242DL and my 84 242 GLT.

Works fine.
Does your setup include a spacer like Scott's?
ogamer777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 12:55 AM   #10
quillc
yv1a.com
 
quillc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kitsap, Wa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogamer777 View Post
Does your setup include a spacer like Scott's?
Its part of the factory bracket.
quillc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 05:07 PM   #11
John242Ti
LH-Jet & Carb Free Zone
 
John242Ti's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Duvall, WA
Default

Remember, there are three different OEM Volvo non-AC PS brackets. The 1976-77 ZF bracket for the early external reservoir pump, the 1977-84 style used with the P-type Saginaw pumps, and the 1985-on B230 bracket, used with the later style Saginaw pumps (both external reservoir and internal reservoir). IIRC, Scott's bracket is a replica of the B230 bracket, not the B21/23 bracket. The difference is that the B21/23 Saginaw pump bracket uses three bushings, instead of one.

Most common AC delete bracket is this one:
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=214855

-J
__________________

1982 242Ti - black, M46. 1985 245Ti - blue, M46.

@john242ti on IG
John242Ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 11:41 PM   #12
swedishiron.com
I sell Volvo parts!
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John242Ti View Post
Most common AC delete bracket is this one:
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=214855

-J
Or these:

https://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=179746

__________________
Here's my feedback thread:
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=25568

I ship small packages/purchases on Fridays, and larger ticket items via FedEx in the middle of the week.
swedishiron.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.