• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Is fuel cut safe for turbo rev and boost limits?

740atl

Gear acquisition syndrome
Out of fear of imminent death of my current motor, I have always shied away from fuel cut as both a rev limiter and a overboost limiter because of fear of leaning out the engine . I've always used spark cut limiter but as you know, spark cut makes the big pops out the tailpipe... enough to trip the knock sensor on ms3. I'm about to officially be an old man, so I'm not looking for pops anymore.

I've searched the interwebs without getting solid advice on the topic.

Well? Let's have it. Is fuel cut a safe way to control rpm and boost on a turbo motor?

I have always wondered the same thing. The only thing I have to go on is that most factory ecu's use fuel cut for most over boost and rpm limiters.. I just assume they have figured it out..
I know the super expensive Racelogic traction control system used individual injector cuts for traction control on high horsepower high boost supras for years..

-Sam

pull both? fuel cut *should* work fine, but if there's residual fuel in the runner(s) and port that get sucked in, it could create a problem. Then again, the ratio is probably going to be nigh inflammable, sooo...

but with ms, you can have it cut both, that's what I think I do on most of mine. if you're using meth injection or anything else, I'd think you could again introduce potential problems just cutting fuel.

I figured LH always cut fuel on overboost (well 2.4 at least, 2.2 used a stupid switch) because that's *all* it can effectively cut without talking to the ezk. it would normally knock iirc when it would cut, but that's a nice feature of batch firing... you're almost always stacking fuel on a closed valve.

Back