• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 240 low side ac hose

nel621

Looking at this item but confused as to what size fits. They -6,-8,-10 whatever that means. Do we know the diameter of that low side hose? Then perhaps I can make a phone call to them with the right info. Thanks
shopping

Looking at this item but confused as to what size fits. They -6,-8,-10 whatever that means. Do we know the diameter of that low side hose? Then perhaps I can make a phone call to them with the right info. Thanks
shopping

Those are 1/16 inch increments.

-10 is 5/8 hose

Not that it helps your issue but despite there being ports on the compressors, I added ports when I had new hoses made. All of them with ports I think only ran about 100 bucks to have made.

The fill port is in an awkward location as you well know. Just want something more accessible. I'm trying to convince my friend to purchase the handheld hydraulic hose crimper. He gets in many cars that would benefit from an in-line port.

BTW, there is a convenient to use low side suction hose that originated on the 760/780 cars, late 80s. I had a devil of a time fitting the aftermarket suction hoses on my 940, and bought one of these "over the top against firewall" hoses. It was sold to me by Voluparts in the ATL. Low cost, and I'm fairly certain the threaded connections of both ends will work with a 240 so long as you have the later JAPAN compressors (either parallel ports or rabbit ears). Call them to confirm...... pics in the Cheap Thrills build, and it works.

Back