• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

HELP!!!

Are you still in South hell? I thought about riding out there but I only have 2.2 parts and experience.

I'm guessing your presence would be appreciated, maybe bring a few tools, test light, spare coil (according to IPD 75-93 240 use same coils ? Does this sound correct ?? ? See if it fires up, go from there) etc :nod:

Last edited:
I'm guessing your presence would be appreciated, maybe bring a few tools, test light, spare coil (according to IPD 75-93 240 use same coils ? Does this sound correct ?? ? See if it fires up, go from there) etc :nod:

He about 2-1/2 hrs from me and I work till 4:30, I want to help buti have to think about work the next day. I told him I could possibly come over on Friday if he was still there but I think he's got to work and is leaving today.

Thanks no test light with me but tried new power stage and still here. I keep telling that what ever I spend will be cheaper than 3 months payment on a new car. A remote starter and test light will be in my Volvo go bag! Got so much stuff in it I can?t here the pumps prime but they are new. Going home one way or another Thursday!

If you have about 6 inches of wire you can make a test light using a bulb and holder from your taillights.

If you have about 6 inches of wire you can make a test light using a bulb and holder from your taillights.

LOL. Guess I?m not a true Turbobricker! Never thought gut of that! Just got it picked up by Frank?s. A real nice guy and the only one that would even consider looking king at it. Sitting here with my cheeks clinched!!

Did you re-seat the ecu connector? Did you check your fuses and give them a good spin? Did you check the cps wire? Did you pop open the fuel pump relay and see if you have any tiny cracks on the solder? I'm assuming when you checked for spark you pulled the coil wire and grounded it on the strut tower?

I trusted the lady I got it from having it service at the dealership with her telling me she just trashed all the receipts. No fire at the plugs. Rotor not turning so looks to be teeth on the belt gone on the bottom. When I looked Wednesday at the belt, never seen one cracked like that. My fault for my issues and my thinking now is the dealer put a square tooth belt on it and belt is striped at the bottom

Who doesn’t check the belt before they put it on? Don’t go back to that dealer! I wouldn’t say that’s your fault unless you put the belt on.

I guess if it wasn’t a Volvo dealer then they wouldn’t know about the round tooth belt change in 93.

Last edited:
Who doesn?t check the belt before they put it on? Don?t go back to that dealer! I wouldn?t say that?s your fault unless you put the belt on.

I guess if it wasn?t a Volvo dealer then they wouldn?t know about the round tooth belt change in 93.

Being a Volvo belt , I guessing dealer. Called them and they called me a little while ago and they think that was strange. Square belt here in 30 minutes. It would?ve in the morning on a round, so I will lick that dog again when I get home. Promise this crap will never happen again without Parts. Trust but verify!!

Damn! A slipping TB sounds a WHOLE lot different cranking that one that is working as its supposed to...

Basically cranking on maybe only 2 cylinders... depending on where the camshaft stopped at.

I've run across this twice (an MX-3 and an Accord) and both times it took about 3 revolutions of the motor to say "That aint right"

Explain that ZVOLV. I'm interested in knowing.

Me too.

Well, after thinking about it for a minute.... The coil would still fire, but it wouldn't fire the plugs because the rotor button would not be turning.
The distributor would not be "distributing" the spark to the plugs....

If the rotor button has stopped under a individual terminal on the distributor cap, there could be fire on a single plug.
.....I suppose.....

Last edited:
Maybe he just didn’t check close enough for or spark. Gotta ground a plug to a bare nut or something.

Or just hold the plug wire in your hand and have your buddy bump the starter. That’ll tell you.

If the timing belt breaks on a lh2.4 car the coil wire would have a spark but unless the distributor gets stopped with the button touching a contact the spark plug wires will not. The one making contact in the distributor would have spark but the other 3 would not.

Spark going in but not out the cap that out is what I checked when the first toe truck got there. He was sure I had Put diesel fuel in my car and they would test the fuel when they got it to the shop. Told him I don’t need to be driving if I put that in my car. Paid him $50 to go away would not let him touch(Ricky’s). Frank’s Auto is guy who got me out that pickle. Must be getting old. I missed it bad and it cost me!

Back