• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Confirm 398 head plug size

VB242

I.M. Weasel
Just need to confirm the plug size on my 398 head in the pic. I measure 13/16"or is it 20+ mm?
-gMugzSCkXlnXpV-5tSHYoHYnmvoUDrcg36WekkXSX9NeYBdapmi5uZKS_EG_i2xTZzu-NMS8qWS3EJSGE9AGsBlMfhKJNyzCPmOZ1mtbz0nuic0d7QzkzfpfWU3fhFivi1Zn-NIIMo=w500

I had the whole works back together, filled the coolant system and drip, drip, drip, so frustrating!

I put digital calipers on the hole, I measured smaller than 21mm, but I'll double check tomorrow. Actually going to take it to my machine shop and see if he's got anything for it.

So I wasn't waiting for a plug to get shipped in, I tapped the hole ( a little too much unfortunately) for 1/2" NPT and epoxied this 1/2" socket head pipe plug in. I drove it home last night, no leaks so far.
wpnRdCzFYRr1GLEXUDWLZNZgmF7258votHVd26p1O--wRSgF6Ks50VNunHf-26mn16Uyb-JzGByJuzninpkkCNxIxEyE4c7lFtqKEUK9vK9nd0iVSBkyOPKP8wHncQZ3MpKHybGzDyI=w500

So I wasn't waiting for a plug to get shipped in, I tapped the hole...
Now you've done it! That plug is going to ruin your engine, throw your wheel alignment off, make your hair fall out, and your radio is only going to pick up that station that you hate.

:neener:

Back