• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

valvebody mod

barry240

Banned
how many check balls was i suppose to take out if i drill the plate?i drilled the holes bigger than the check balls .and i removed the two balls on the under side of the plate .did i do it right? thanks

If I were you I would have asked before drilling and removing your balls. It seems like a pretty crucial step you don't want to screw up. I am sure Kenny or Mike have covered this in previous threads but you have special don't have to search privelages so we'll see if someone answers in here.

from what i read you can remove the two balls form the underside of the valvebody then drill the two holes out in this case i removed the 2 balls and drilled 1-2 2-3 circuts bigger than the balls use to be .i left the four balls up top including the steel one .

uhm no. one check ball is in the lower section of the valve body, the other one is found in the upper rear section of the valve body.

how many check balls was i suppose to take out if i drill the plate?i drilled the holes bigger than the check balls .and i removed the two balls on the under side of the plate .did i do it right? thanks

uhm no. one check ball is in the lower section of the valve body, the other one is found in the upper rear section of the valve body.

FAIL!
fail2.jpg

ohnoes.. poor barry... barry you better get a nev valvebody and swap that one in. good to see the car will be running soon.

yeah under the plate thers two balls one is like a inch under the other .i drilled two holes in the plate where those balls came out .i left the 4 check balls alone that are on the top of the vave body.

yeah under the plate thers two balls one is like a inch under the other .i drilled two holes in the plate where those balls came out .i left the 4 check balls alone that are on the top of the vave body.

all told theres about 10 check balls in the valve body. the two you want to mod/remove are where I said they are. one is in the top rear section (where most of the shift and overrun valves are) and the other is in the bottom.

You know the manual is online.
74556303.jpg

74556304.jpg

Next question? This really has been documented about a thousand times.

well it looks like all i need to do is take the vb back apart and remove the upper check ball .i drilled the right spots i just didnt take out the upper 2-3 ball.

Back