• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Turbo used in the S40?

US spec cars got the TD04L-12T
Other markets got the TD04L-14T I'm pretty sure it's not a standard T3 flange

the 12t is a ****ty little turbo
you can raise the boost up on the s40 with it to about 12psi but thats it
the 14t is a little better but not much

the stock manifold on the car is also quite crappy and could use a bit of work

if you want any real power out of the motor (and there is lots to have)
your looking at doing a log manifold with a divided inlet T3 flange and a 38mm WG port on it
with a 30R on it and some H beam rods 300-400whp is well within reach

the 12t is a ****ty little turbo
you can raise the boost up on the s40 with it to about 12psi but thats it
the 14t is a little better but not much

the stock manifold on the car is also quite crappy and could use a bit of work

if you want any real power out of the motor (and there is lots to have)
your looking at doing a log manifold with a divided inlet T3 flange and a 38mm WG port on it
with a 30R on it and some H beam rods 300-400whp is well within reach

Oh! So, isn't a good idea put it in a B230FT. Well I gonna back to the idea of the infamous "Small Creepy Turbo" AKA T-25.

I bought an S40 recently (2004 new) and have had nothing, but problems. The strartup shuddering thing you discuss occurred in my car at 18,000 miles. It is apparently a know problem by volvo and is currently being fixed by replacing the cylinder heads on the car. Wow a pretty big fix for only 18,000 miles. I don't think I'd ever buy another volvo again. I gave up a 1996 cobra that I loved, my wife convinced me to get the volvo on my 40th. I wish I still had the Cobra!!

I bought an S40 recently (2004 new) and have had nothing, but problems. The strartup shuddering thing you discuss occurred in my car at 18,000 miles. It is apparently a know problem by volvo and is currently being fixed by replacing the cylinder heads on the car. Wow a pretty big fix for only 18,000 miles. I don't think I'd ever buy another volvo again. I gave up a 1996 cobra that I loved, my wife convinced me to get the volvo on my 40th. I wish I still had the Cobra!!

what mention of shuddering during startup?
this post == bashing

Thats what ya get for 2004- model. There not as good as they used to be

it is a ford locust with a square blue oval on the front

Well, the turbo owner want $125 for the turbo, but a forum member offers me a complete T25 setup (turbo, 90+ manifold,water/oil lines) for a slight higher price.

Back