• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

S/V/C Want to buy a used 2015 XC70

lusu8892

Hi Guys

Nice to meet you guys, I am planning to buy a Used 2015 XC70, but after checking the Carfax of a specific car, I have a few questions to ask:

Here is the Carfax detailed history:

05/19/2014 2,825Miles Alignment checked
10/07/2014 6,758Miles Tire repaired
12/08/2014 9,675Miles Alignment checked
03/24/2015 13,149Miles Two wheel alignment performed Alignment checked Four wheel alignment performed Washed/detailed

Based on the above history, there were many Alignment checks (twice) and performance (once), I want to know is it reasonable or normal for a new car?

Since the dealer who is selling is not Volvo dealer, before buying it, can I ask the dealer to let me drive to a near Volvo dealer to have a volvo mechanics help me check the car?

Last edited:
Makes me wonder why someone would trade in a current year vehicle.

Sure, you can ask the dealer anything you want.

Check for a bad crash, seems weird that a non-Volvo dealer would have what should be a new car on their lot. 3 alignments in like 10 months, fishy to me. Be careful.

Check for a bad crash, seems weird that a non-Volvo dealer would have what should be a new car on their lot. 3 alignments in like 10 months, fishy to me. Be careful.

The car's title is clean, no accident record. Do you have some advice like steps when I have a test drive of this car.

Thanks!

Do you think "Alignment Checked" == "Alignment Performed".

I think "Alignment Checked" only means the alignment has just been inspected by mechanics to see if it is right, rather than adjusted something.

"Alignment Performed" should the alignment has been done by mechanics.

Do you think so?

its a 2015.... still has warranty

there is no risk in buying it other than depreciation (if clean record but you got that covered already)

new car owners are super picky. car was probably veering to right or left on a crown highway (curved for rain runoff) 100% normal but people who spends $$$$$$$$$ have unrealistic expectations

since you are so worried about this go to the dealer who did the work (or call) and ask them to pull the records...

ITS a 2015 Im sure its fine

^
That.

However, it's strange to see a thread like this on turbobricks anyway... Why would anyone want a 2015 Volvo anyway?

they're pretty nice, have all the modern feature things, and are incredibly safe. some people want to pay the extra money for that.

its a 2015.... still has warranty

there is no risk in buying it other than depreciation (if clean record but you got that covered already)

new car owners are super picky. car was probably veering to right or left on a crown highway (curved for rain runoff) 100% normal but people who spends $$$$$$$$$ have unrealistic expectations

since you are so worried about this go to the dealer who did the work (or call) and ask them to pull the records...

ITS a 2015 Im sure its fine

The car is still under warranty.

Volvo stopped making cars in 1993

Well, that changed after Ford sold the company:

Volvo “Triple Boost” Four-Cylinder Engine Has Three Compressors, Makes “No Less Than” 450 Horsepower

Volvo’s turbocharged and supercharged Drive-E 2.0-liter engine is the starting point, but the mechanical supercharger has been stripped away, and an electric supercharger and an additional turbo have been strapped on. Instead of using exhaust gases to get their spool on, the turbos are fed compressed air from the electrically powered compressor/supercharger, which eliminates turbo lag, according to Volvo. Also part of the package is a new dual fuel pump that delivers gasoline to the cylinders at 3626 psi. Volvo goes into a bit more detail and shows close-up views of the engine in the video embedded below.

Back