• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mass Air Meter wiring +T

90volvo

So Im down to the last of my check list of adding a T to my 90 240. My quetion is instead of adding to the MAF wiring so it reaches the passenger side. Can you just pull the wires back thru the harness on the firewall and then route it to the Passenger side? Has anybody trted this or is it to much of a pain. Thanks

Yes, you can pull them out of the tubing and move them to the other side. A hair dryer, or a hot day in the sun, helps if your tubing is old and stiff. I think you need to extend/run a separate ground wire because it's crimped to other ground wires near the original MAF.

yelp, I tried pull them threw but seemed impossible. Was a cool night. I soldered them but routed them across the front to the passenger side. They are hidden and have protection over them. Just fired it up and all seems great. Wow, what a job but it done except some loose ends and oil cooler will be next. Thanks for all the help Tbricks.

you may not need the oil cooler, just more places for it to leak

good job! pictures always help if you are proud

Pics coming. So what’s everybody’s theory on oil cooler. I don’t like to complicate things. It’s almost worth running high dollar oil to avoid it. Anybody run oil temp gauge with out oil cooler?

I used the water cooled oil cooler off of a 940, you have to replace the hard pipe that goes from the water pump to the heater. It's easier to do with the exhaust manifold off, which you just bolted on.

Back