• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

How to lower a 140?

What RWC said. :nod:

Yeah, this.

IIRC the stock springs I pulled out of the front of my 142 were 5x13" (5" diameter, 13" tall free height).

Strange all the front ones I have are 5" x 12" free height and calculating from the green book numbers 325#.

Of course stock spring rates are a closely guarded secret on here,so I guess just take a shot in the dark like everybody else. You just might get it right after a couple of sets..

Strange all the front ones I have are 5" x 12" free height and calculating from the green book numbers 325#.

Of course stock spring rates are a closely guarded secret on here,so I guess just take a shot in the dark like everybody else. You just might get it right after a couple of sets..
Maybe it was 12" tall, it was over a year ago that I did it. :e-shrug:

I just remember measuring the springs free height, number of active coils and wire thickness then running those numbers through a spring rate calculator...and coming up with 300lb. I could have done it wrong, I'm not perfect. :)

Maybe it was 12" tall, it was over a year ago that I did it. :e-shrug:

I just remember measuring the springs free height, number of active coils and wire thickness then running those numbers through a spring rate calculator...and coming up with 300lb. I could have done it wrong, I'm not perfect. :)

Lots of people say 300# so 300-325# is as good a guess as anything.

I'm sure on the 12" free length,as I put new factory springs on the 71.

I run the same Tru-Coil springs as Justin blu92in99 mentioned above, these can be purchased through Speedway. The rears are 245's cut down with 240 upper perches installed.

front spring comparison
4828692832_2cacb7bc4f_b.jpg

As you can see below you definitely need cut down the front bump stops
4840625245_fd63646080_b.jpg

4841237358_e0d77244d4_b.jpg

Hey! it did let me revive this 8 year old thread.

I have a set of 245 rear springs and looking for 240 perches. what should i get for the front of my 72 142E? I'm talking to bluecoil springs about their 5x8's. they currently have 450lb/in and 500lb/in.

street use. mostly form vs function. 17x7 wheels

Last edited:
Back