• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

IPD Sways 850 / 70 series question

Bready

board deviant
So the IPD front sway bars for the 850 / 70 series have a choice of two mounting holes - the rear-most being about 15% stiffer than the other.

Anyone have experience between the two and thoughts on which way to go. I'm not tracking the car, but like to push it at times.

Just curious what other's experiences have been.

*If you haven't actually installed a set of these and have some real time feedback please don't clutter the thread.

thanks

:wave:

I?ve driven my 98 xc on both settings, lowered and stock height, and can just barely notice a difference in everyday driving. The outer endlink holes provide a slightly sharper, snappier turn in feeling than the inner ones. I drove on the outer setting for 6 months or so and switched to the inner setting, and I think it?s gonna stay where it is.

Either way, you can?t really go wrong with a set of ipd bars:nod:

I was already under the car replacing the steering rack, and figured I’d try the inner setting out, and ended up liking it more than the outer setting. Felt slightly more stock ish

And part of me was hoping that the less aggressive setting could potentially have less wear on my newly installed steering parts, but that’s probably just wishful thinking

Was it dramatic in terms of the difference? Asking because I'm having the bar installed while the motor mounts are being changed since the subframe will be dropped at that time and I'd rather not screw with it later.

Thanks for the feedback Josh :wave:

:cool:

The difference was there, but you kinda have to push the car to really notice it. I’d say I notice it most on the steering feedback when coming in and out of corners.

If the subframe is coming out, it’s a great time to upgrade. Maybe even look into upgrading the subframe bushings to compliment the ipd bar, it made the whole front end feel muuuuch better on my car. I went with the bulkier xc90 ones with the ipd poly inserts and I’m very pleased. I’ve heard good things about the Delrin ones too

Good suggestion but not happening this time around unfortunately. :-(

Should have the car back Thursday - I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the feeback :wave:

Back