• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Jonny P's 242 GT Turbo project

apparently your doing it the right way. you fill blemishes with welds when %90 of poeple would use bondo

UPDATE!

The prep on the front end is all done and is now coated with epoxy primer. I finally got the replacment pannels I ordered for the rear. It took forever for them to be shipped.

So hopfully there wil be some good progress this summer.

P5020036.jpg

I started re-hosting some of the dead pics in the beginning of the thread. Thiers alot of pics so it might take a while.

Last edited:
Nice replacement panels mate. im surprised u were able to find those.
They dont exist in this part of the world!

If you order 240 panels from the supplier here in Canada they willl just send you 140 panels. But because we deal alot with them, I managed to make a special order. The panels are made by a company called Klokkerholm. I think their in sweden.

butt cheek's :-(

I'm still undecided about the butt cheeks.

I'm in North bay which is about 7-8 hrs north of Windsor. So might be a bit of a drive to see a dusty old 240 parked in a shed :-P. But no worries, I'll make sure to post up lots of pics of any progess.

I don't think I'm gonna put the butt cheeks in but I wanted to have them just incase. At the same time I don't wanna just have a flat panel. Its hard to explain but some examples of 240's without butt cheeks look weird to me. Mostly because theres nothing there and you can see the gas tank and muffler exposed. I might try some kinda contoured panel that comes down to the lowest part of the rear quarter panel. Probly about an inch. Similar to what I was trying before.

just read through the whole thread, and im seriously impressed with the detail. lol reminds me of myself. if i pull apart something dirty theres no way i can let myself put it back together without it looking perfect.

any updates? :)

Thanks for the comments. No new updates really. I have the whole first week in july off so I'm gonna spend the some time on it then. I hope to get a good amount of work done.

Alright so after sitting for a while its time to get back to work on the GT

P5260040.jpg

It was pretty dirty as you can see. So I cleaned her up a bit

P6270044.jpg

I did some sand blasting and cleaned up the trunk area, then coated it with weld through primer. here you can see the were I modded the back so the bumper can be tucked.

P4110032.jpg

The rims, Ronal 17x 8.5 I believe.

P6290059.jpg

Little more flaring old school style.

P6290063.jpg

Doesn't look like much is happening in the video but it works quite well.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i155.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/jonnyparolin/P6300065.flv">

Back