• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

V8 swap and emissions

Probably true, but I don't know why anybody would voluntarily take their swapped 66-75 car to the ref for an inspection. Your chances of getting caught, especially by somebody who knows the law that well, are probably pretty slim.

Pretty much, but I will say this 66-75 exempt from inspection but not the smog laws, you get a cop that's a asshat and you could potentially be screwed if he knows the law

Missouri and a 1993 car means no emissions testing at all. Possibly a visual inspection for a cat, but I've never tried my luck on leaving it off for an inspection.

NOTE: I don't have a V8 swap yet, but I'm slowly gathering parts and continuing to enjoy my 16VT motor in the meantime.

Missouri and a 1993 car means no emissions testing at all. Possibly a visual inspection for a cat, but I've never tried my luck on leaving it off for an inspection.

NOTE: I don't have a V8 swap yet, but I'm slowly gathering parts and continuing to enjoy my 16VT motor in the meantime.

Continuing to enjoy removing it?

Colorado: My car passes emissions every two years on rolling dyno test. Dual exhaust, so dual cats.

Only 1975 and older are emissions exempt.

Back