• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 brake pedal ratio

topper911

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know the brake pedal ratio for '78 242?

To calculate ratio, measure the distance from the pivot point of the pedal to the center of the pedal pad (measurement A), and then the distance between the pivot point and the master cylinder pushrod hole (measurement B). Then divide A by B.

I do not have one of these cars, but I'm using the braking system(calipers front and rear, master cyclinder, and booster) off a 242 and would like to set up as close to stock as possible on my project car.

Another question...that car came with a single or dual diaphragm booster. Is there one better than the other for a track car?

Thanks for your Help,
Joe

Ok, I measured from the pivot to the middle of the pedal. That is 14.5". From the pivot to the end of the bracket which bolts to the firewall is about 3.75". Note that the location where the pushrod attaches to the pedal is about 3.5" down from the pivot. These are very approximate but hopefully they will help you. Let me know if you want me to measure from the pushrod attachment to the end of the bracket that bolts to the firewall.

If this is a track car, I'd ditch the booster and setup the brake pedal for a ~5.5:1 ratio.

Back