• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie's 760 TIC

The gauge pod in the "A" pillar looks really nice....:cool:

thanks, im really happy with it :)

the 780 of my brother and my bmw coupe had similar rust issues.
my brother just cut out the window (using a steel wire cutting tool), cleaned up the rust and cut out the parts that were fubar (using a Dremel tool with mini cutting disk) and then welded all holes back shut with patches of sheetmetal. Then repaint, reinstall/glue windscreen. Done.
rooflining has to be losened. PITA job but doable if you want to and have access to a CO2 welder

did he get the window out in one piece that way? thanks for the tips on repairing. might be the way to go for me too on the hiden parts of the car. A good welder is no problem thank god :D

Steel wire cutter should keep your window in one piece. If not you're doing something wrong.. :)

Steel wire cutter should keep your window in one piece. If not you're doing something wrong.. :)

pro-tip: practice first on car in scrapyard (if they let you).

Maybe some form of welding classes would be a good idea, together with a 20L bottle of argon, those little 1L bottles of argon the welder i used at your place uses are very expensive per liter of argon.
A 20L bottle costs me ~40 euro to refill, it contains roughly 60 times more gas than such a 1L bottle (which costs around 20 euro).

Usually a windscreen fitter will pull the screen out for next to no money, or at least they will here if you bung them a drink.

Finally in the new shop, here she will spend at least a year getting rebuild.. hurray! No where is my first paycheck!?

99191201.jpg

Got 2 days off to work on my 144, that was done in one day so finally some love for my restoration on White-Rice. Pulled the engine, M90 exhaust and all the bumpers beside the front one.

IMG_3844.JPG

IMG_3845.JPG

IMG_3847.JPG

IMG_3848.JPG

IMG_3850.JPG

this is going to be a good one

the five is dead, long live teh five! :ahoy:

Yeah I'm exited !

Damn, check out that sexy heat shield.

I know right, you notice the sexy way its safety wired?

Check your engine crossmemeber for cracks while you haev the engine out. -87 have an issue with the design

Never heard of this before, whats wrong with em, they crack? is pre 87 a whole different design?

Nice! I'm jealous of your working space :p Working on a gravel driveway sucks.

scroll back few pages.. I have been there :lol: Still your doing a better job then me. really like the welding your doing on the suspension parts! From how much HP you recon you need to strengthen those parts

Thanks :) I Really don't know how much it can take, but it couldn't hurt to strengthen it. When it goes, there's no warning. It just goes. If you want you can bring yours over here and we'll do that one too.

Never heard of this before, whats wrong with em, they crack? is pre 87 a whole different design?

No they are all weak, so check closely maybe even reinforce the x-member?
the ones from the 940 are supposed to be better (the one on my 940 withstood some real torture, same with the '90 740 rallycar) and you can add 960 reinforcement brackets additionally , they are cheap and easy to install.

Thanks :) I Really don't know how much it can take, but it couldn't hurt to strengthen it. When it goes, there's no warning. It just goes. If you want you can bring yours over here and we'll do that one too.

Thanks i will take you up on that! :) Still have to see your 745 !

the ones from the 940 are supposed to be better (the one on my 940 withstood some real torture, same with the '90 740 rallycar) and you can add 960 reinforcement brackets additionally , they are cheap and easy to install.

Mkay well i'll just get a late 940 then and find the 960 brackets. When i got all the stuff off anyway i overheared somewhere you can get easy camber on the Xmembers from our cars. the VOC has documents on getting some improvements on that?

I'm sure installing the struts right will also help :lol:

Right! I've it now and it's a very good improvement in car's handling!

Nice! I'm jealous of your working space :p Working on a gravel driveway sucks.

I always pity you when i see how you work and what is the result of it... especially when i think @ my garage ;)

Thats no joke :D i think.. oh.. look at sander.. working on his gravel driveway must suck like a pain in the arse ;)

Been pulling more parts from the 760 today. found a few more little sneaky rust under some trims. Still not as bad as i thought it would be after the abuse and driving in salt the past 4 years

roest%2520onder%2520strip.jpg

voorkat.jpg

achter.jpg

spullen.jpg

As you can see i bent one of the trims a bit, that pissed me off so i stoped and ordered this.
Broken so many trim bits in my life already it must be get its money back :-)

IMG_3896.JPG

Back