• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

2001 V70 Superturbo build

meh. I used to drive a 1993 9000 aero that would embarrass a stock R car, while getting better gas mileage, and being built in '93!!

Yeah, but no spaceball. :cameron:

Well I am gonna RWD it as well but nope no v8 swap. Just because I didn't mention it doesn't mean it will not be done. This post is all about the engine and a setup that will draw the most HP possible from it.

If you're doing it to be different, someone's already done it bigger and better than I already think you will.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gf-2WjzLqj0" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Let me know what you plan to do about the firewall issue, among other things...

oh and yeah I know about Robert DIY he's got some good stuff but it's all over the place and he has only covered maybe a quarter of the process to build these engines. Not knocking him he's a good guy knows his stuff but have chatted with him he doesn't know where to go with my plan. Roberts a stock kinda guy he's done some modifications like a manual swap to take advantage of the power he has but he's not looking to anything extreme.

Sounds expensive.

That 5 speed auto is not known to abuse well.

There are actually plenty of 2.0 L making 300hp.
https://www.motor1.com/features/143584/cars-most-horsepower-4cyl/

Freebies and sponsors? LOL.

Here's where I found out you have no idea what you are doing.

So what about that says I don't know what I'm doing? standard internals will not handle the pressure and RPM's I'm aiming for. Standard cylinders will just split from the pressure. What do you see so wrong? I mean I am asking for advice, but your only passing judgement.

I did 12.7 on the 1/4 mile with a 1992 Saab Aero with a manual tranny and just an MBC for modifications... I had to get rid of it after exploding the 4th gear. That car was ridiculous!

still to this day the best mid-range torque curve of any car I've owned! My friend had a twin car, 3" turbo back exhaust only mod, no tune, 200k mile car and it did juuust about 300ft lbs of torque at the wheels. :lol:

all right trying to get back to multiple replies at once. Yes i know people have done this with 850's and such even the vid above with just about the same car though that looks like a R and definitely newer but practically the same engine. Yes gonna turn the engine 90 and get the trans directly to the engine, transfer case would not handle this if I left it opposed.
It's a little to be different around here because everyone and their momma has an american engine built up in the southern US. But also because of the challenge and enjoyment of doing it. The fact that there's people saying it's been done in one way or the other is a nice rebuttal to those saying blow my money on hookers etc. As far as my mommas volvo well that comment seems to indicate you think I'm a kid. 37 years old bro deal with it. a kid would start buying parts and never get it done. I am planning very meticulously and have a long list of parts already hunted down and bookmarked. Not one penny will be spent till I know I've found everything to make this work and have sorted out what to do about any foreseeable kink. Of course i'm sure I'll come across the unexpected, that's how these things go, but meticulous planning will minimize that.

Show pictures of custom car work you have done so we can take you seriously

What's not to take serious if it's been done before? Sorry all work I've done previously has been for other people so was busy getting it done not snapping pics, gotta make that money!

What's not to take serious if it's been done before? Sorry all work I've done previously has been for other people so was busy getting it done not snapping pics, gotta make that money!

I like good fiction, keep it coming.

Just because it?s been done it don?t mean you will do it. Hard to believe someone on here that?s writes long paragraphs about bench racing

Prove me wrong show me anything even close to what you?re describing bro

1 quick and easy way to determine if this is going to happen or not...

What brand and model of welder(s) do you have?

Going to have my friend that works in the machine shop handle any welding he's got 17 years of experience on that building parts for industrial machines. The guy can weld anything.

Show pictures of custom car work you have done so we can take you seriously

He mentioned he is going to use ball bearing turbos at least twice, of course he is serious, then again no mention of ceramic bearings so I don't know if can believe it.

He mentioned he is going to use ball bearing turbos at least twice, of course he is serious, then again no mention of ceramic bearings so I don't know if can believe it.

You must be the friend who will machine everything for him. Right after you machine my upper strut mount plates:-P

Going to have my friend that works in the machine shop handle any welding he's got 17 years of experience on that building parts for industrial machines. The guy can weld anything.
So you don't even own a welder, but want to completely change the structure of the car?
Yeah, this is going to happen... :roll:

Don't like "go big or go home?" Have you seen this thread:

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=52060

Dude put friggin' paddle shifters on his 960.

There are a few people on this board who are mother****** wizards. They tend to just show up with pics and descriptions of them making things for and doing amazing things to their cars. Sometimes they ask for ideas, or help finding parts. They don't roll up typing in run-on sentences about building twin-charged V70s in vague terms. If you've got an actual plan for how you're going to pull this off, we'll eat it up. But there are ton of two-page threads on this board over the years about how some newb is going to "slap a tarbo on it", never to be heard from again.

said it before but to touch up on the subject yes I have a friend that works in a machine shop my best friend in fact and I have a copy of and know how to design parts on solid works so when it comes down to it I can have most anything fabricated and if it can be done with scrap lying around the shop for free, at most paying for the metal that is used. Trying to keep it simple on that end or I'd just design and make my own supercharger. so many comments from people stuck in the box.

Back