• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Who's left from the ol' days?

I joined in early '97 right after buying my 245t.

I got an email from Angel a few days ago. Still in Panama. Still has his 242T.
Dave B.

Nice! That is great to hear. Do you still have your 245T?

A few years ago I emailed Stu Spencer, don't recall what he was up to but I think he had a new toy to play with and had his 245T still.

I was on the mailing list...then the EZ board....

I joined right before or right at the time i got my 85 744Ti...i think that was a few months before i turned 16 or 17...damn I feel old considering i turn 30 next year.

Either way...it has been a while but I'm not very active. I still have a wagon left and all it does is sit.

I remember Paul, Philip Bradley, Ursan, and some others on there.

Oddly enough, I bought my 89 745Ti wagon from one of the early TB members I used to talk to on the forum out of CT...when he moved to MI about 5 minutes down the road and he was driving by my house one day and noticed my wagon...*really* small world.

small world indeed. Ive lost track of most of the cars I've sold. I think I joined in 1999 or 2000, around my sophomore year of high school, I remember the old board, and my friends who were on other car forums thought turbobricks was weird. I used to go on during lunch and drool over swedish volvos and how sick they were. I also was on badbricks for a short while, and brickboards V8 forum asking all sorts of questions. As soon as I found out people were doing V8 swaps I wanted to do one. What happened to pbonsalb? I think that was Phillip Bradley's screen name? He was a master of the English language, and always very helpful.

I've been stirring up shlt since 96-98... somewhere in there. Yep, that's right, I'm an internet tuff guy. :cool:

I remember the orange tuff240 on the homepage of badbricks, I always thought it was a bad brick. And you are still rockin those same wheels, thats awesome.

its all due to lack of time/money, heck, I remember back in the days when all I had to do was go to school, work, then doodle about stretch and poke on the Volvo and party, now gotta worry about paying all sorts of bills that I don't recall of gathering.

I used to be on the mailling list under dfg@hotmail or sort, anyone remembers that crazy Asian guy, Frank Yee or something? like 125 shots of nitrous in a 245 turbo.

I remember your car was the first 740SE I had ever seen, and I was in love. Back in high school, when I first started my lawn service, my motivation while mowing on hot ass days was that if I hustled, I was that much closer to buying the parts I needed to get into the 13's

And whatever money was left back in those days was for partying, or paying for road trips to go party at different colleges, haha

Turbobricks helped me win a good amount of money back in the day on friday nights at the different local meets because nobody was scared to race my volvo, most people around here didnt know much about turbos back then...those motor swapped hondas found out though:) I remember the first volvo meet I went to and Rob Prince doing like a 5 minute burnout with his N/A 240...good times

Thanks for all the memories turbobricks!

I just found a hard drive from back then. I think it might have all the old emails from those days.

nice, yeah i have an outlook archive of the mailing list by year up until maybe 2001? when we got the boot from the gnt people. Little to none of its info is relevant now other than for nostalgia purposes... back then we were doing some silly stuff to gain very little improvement compared to what people are doing now. But it was fun and cheap :lol:

nice, yeah i have an outlook archive of the mailing list by year up until maybe 2001? when we got the boot from the gnt people. Little to none of its info is relevant now other than for nostalgia purposes... back then we were doing some silly stuff to gain very little improvement compared to what people are doing now. But it was fun and cheap :lol:

Back then the "big" mod was retrofitting a MB V8 CIS into the B21 or doing the "B23 intake mod" the "terminal 11" trick and others.

I don't remember what I did. I think my CPR was modified and I did something with the cold start injector. Oh, and my mad "aquahol injector" skillz.

Let us not forget the "staged mods" Which AFAIK, no one has ever done start to finish.

Ground wires? I was under the impression Volvo had the self-grounding system figured out. The insulation is bare in enough places where it can ground on demand. Engine rocks too much it grounds out killing power until it's not working the motor mounts too hard.

Maybe that's why the stock mounts suck, we got rid of the built-in protection.

I was on the mailing list for a couple years, joined in 1998 iirc. What a time-consuming thing it was at the time! Reading through what seemed like a hundred emails a day!!! I was dino211@hotmail.com back in the day. It is kinda frustrating having such a recent join date. I printed out TONS of the emails from back then and have them in a few binders somewhere.

That's how I met Mike Aaro from Unitek, and built my first mLPT B23ET motor, running on K-jet with the fabled Mercedes aluminum v-8 fuel distributor. Still have that thing, if anyone is interested!!!

I was seeing some girl in 2001 who had a 245 with Dracos [I didnt know what the hell they were at the time, but she told me they came off of a "turbo volvo"]. I did not know what a turbo even was but I just associated it with "fast". Before this I hated Volvos with a passion for no reason but the go fast part seemed intriguing. Did lots of searching and found turbovolvo.com, lurked on the old board for about 2 years [finally joined when it changed over to the current format] until I finally bought my 244.

Ground wires? I was under the impression Volvo had the self-grounding system figured out. The insulation is bare in enough places where it can ground on demand. Engine rocks too much it grounds out killing power until it's not working the motor mounts too hard.

Maybe that's why the stock mounts suck, we got rid of the built-in protection.
That's why it still ran. It didn't run well until they were properly connected. After a .2 mile test drive to confirm the problem was fixed, we drove to Vermont.

I first discovered TB in 1997....I still had my Kaypro 486i - lol. IIRC, a posting by Niles Bengaard about body kits was the topic.

I rediscovered TB and became a regular in '98 and IIRC, that topic was Scott Hart and the transplant feasibility of a B230FT in an older 240.

I always liked the Tractor site Juha (?) had too.

:cool:

I joined the mailing list fall '96 or spring '97 - can't remember.

That's how I met Mike Aaro from Unitek, and built my first mLPT B23ET motor, running on K-jet with the fabled Mercedes aluminum v-8 fuel distributor. Still have that thing, if anyone is interested!!!

I wonder what happened to Mike ?
I learned a lot by reading his rather witty posts.

I think He was a Lule? Tech graduate but allso very handy on practical level as well.
For sure He had build a _lot_ of fast bricks over the years.

I was on the list serve for a long time, also on badbricks.. Think 1996-97 when I got my first car my 61 p1800.
I remember Pwschuh and JohnMC and a few assorted others..

Chaos and Mayhem was the pinnacle of TB though:lol:
Dredging up some ancient memories for me. Back then I still had a slowly dying 1800E (terminal rust and dents) that still ran like a top, and I'd just gotten the PV.

Massive email bombs from that list.

I forget when BB started up, but I've been on it forever. I joined up here well before I got my 245, I think I needed to get into the for sale section, I was sniffing around for a 245 turbo for my wife (who ended up getting a 4Runner).

Reading through this I just had one of those moments when I realized my faint recollections of a Volvo site on EZ board must have been this one. I spent way too much time on EZ board back then. I lurked here for many years before I bothered registering to ask a question. It was always so easy to just search for what I need to know and not bother getting flamed. Heck I still do that most of the time.

My first visit/browsing was in 1997. My first posting was when - IIRC, Scott Hart - was doing the B230FT transplant into a 262 (the Blizzard)? Whats funny is somewhere I still have those original postings printed out.

I just lurked then for a long time before 'officially' re-joining a few years later. Then the server changed and I didn't re-up again for a couple more years after that.

It all started when I saw a pciture of Sam (Chigga) on some car site back then - bought my first Red SE - plan was to make it as nice as Sam - still on it many years later :) - in the meaimte collected some more Volvo's

my very first meets were with Cullen in the NE - then I went to another to mount washington and later in CT

Last edited:
Back