• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B21ET project CF intake GT35

you put a honda distributor on there? that's definitely the first time i've seen that. i love ingenuity and making stuff work in an application it wasn't intended for. i'm all about it. :)

Yeah looks like it.. but hasnt alu and cf different heat expansion? the junction must be sensitive to cracks then.. thats why im asking.. the junction.. how ? :)

Yeah looks like it.. but hasnt alu and cf different heat expansion? the junction must be sensitive to cracks then.. thats why im asking.. the junction.. how ? :)

It has Alu pipes with just one layer of cf.
It's just for looks, nothing fancy.
We still have to pressure test it, so we'll see how it holds up.

The car is in the shop now and is awaiting the trail fit for the compounds. If it only knew what is coming..:-P

And we ordered a bunch of parts (wastegate, BOV etc)from Sweden and the US, Hopefully they'll be here this week.

MAN THAT IS THE ONE!! How much would you need for one of those if it holds up to the pressure test? That is going to make BIG POWER! looks like surge tank intakes used on 1000hp supras. what are you using for the twins?:)

It has Alu pipes with just one layer of cf.
It's just for looks, nothing fancy.
We still have to pressure test it, so we'll see how it holds up.

The car is in the shop now and is awaiting the trail fit for the compounds. If it only knew what is coming..:-P

And we ordered a bunch of parts (wastegate, BOV etc)from Sweden and the US, Hopefully they'll be here this week.

Cool stuff :)

And how did you do the merge between the intakebody and the runners?

Does gas/paint thinner not have any ill affects on the carbon fiber? Any specs on the rest of the car? Rad Build! BTW, this thread is showroom worthy if not project/resto worthy. May want to have a mod move it for ya?

Last edited:
MAN THAT IS THE ONE!! How much would you need for one of those if it holds up to the pressure test? That is going to make BIG POWER! looks like surge tank intakes used on 1000hp supras. what are you using for the twins?

Let's hope it makes big power!!
For the compound twins we're going with a .60/.63 T3 for the HP and a GT35R for the LP.

Cool stuff
And how did you do the merge between the intakebody and the runners?

The CF is sandwiched between two aluminium plates which fit over the runners.
Only the inner plate is welded to the runners.

Does gas/paint thinner not have any ill affects on the carbon fiber? Any specs on the rest of the car? Rad Build! BTW, this thread is showroom worthy if not project/resto worthy. May want to have a mod move it for ya?

As far as i know the gas doesn't have an effect on the CF. But I would have to ask Stefan to be sure. I think we otherwise would end up with a very floppy intake :)
The Car (1982 240 Turbo) is completly stock at the moment. When the engine is finished, we'll turn our attention to the car. It'll get the full treatment for sure.

Thanks everyone for the positive reactions!! It sure makes us want to continue this build.
It will be slow going for the most of time. But we'll get there in the end.

why are u using a b21? because you just have it, have to (reglement of something), or want to?

It is easier to keep the original engine. Otherwise it would have to be re-registered.
A lot of guys don't do this, but you'd run the risk of having no insurance when you get in to an accident.
We just want to be on the safe side.

There is a B200K in the car now just for mock-up purposes.

It is easier to keep the original engine. Otherwise it would have to be re-registered.
A lot of guys don't do this, but you'd run the risk of having no insurance when you get in to an accident.
We just want to be on the safe side.

Since I did change my engine I can tell you that you can go to the rdw and apply for uhmm.

In t Nederlands; voor ongeveer ?50,- heb ik een omkeuring laten doen. Ik moest aantonen dat het nieuwe blok niet gestolen was en dat het goed ingebouwd was (maar was toch origneel volvo dus geen probleem). Ze hebben de auto ook opnieuw gewogen en de rembalans getest (niets gezegd over grotere remmen). Nu staat alles op kenteken en is het dus ook in orde met de verzekering. Dit kan in feite met alle auto's en alle motoren mits het chassis ouder is dan iets van 1998.

But the B21 is a nice and strong engine, so I like your choice. Great build so far!! Holland ftw:cool:

Injector fitting....
IMG-20120312a.jpg

IMG-20120312b.jpg

IMG-20120312.jpg

Next up...
Making a fuelrail. And a whole lot of other things :-P

@ Turbosteen
Yes we could have it re-approved. But we'd like to stay with original engine.
Although we might have it re-approved for the "small" horsepower gain.:cool:

Mh.. arent they sitting too deep in that pocket ? i would be concerned about drips who could occur around the edges due to fuel is sprayed against the wall?

/edit

did you just pinned up the pasticbags from your orders ? :D or do you have an endorsement with KLR ? :) IC many parts from him ;)

Mh.. arent they sitting too deep in that pocket ? i would be concerned about drips who could occur around the edges due to fuel is sprayed against the wall?

/edit

did you just pinned up the pasticbags from your orders ? :D or do you have an endorsement with KLR ? :) IC many parts from him ;)

We'll do a spray pattern test first. Just to see how things work. We can open up the holes in the head if it wouldn't work.

KL-racing has sent us many parts already.... In the picture you see a box with their tape on it. Just a coincidence it was there when we took the picture.

Back