• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Getting a noticeable exhaust odor in the cabin when under boost. Otherwise is OK. Something leaking before the turbo? Ideas? Thx.

Seeing about 5 psi on the boost gauge. Going to try a few twists on the actuator. Will install a MBC at some point. Learned so much on this project. Three days until the big trip.

F55FA6FE-2CDD-47E2-A143-9A0BEF3E5593-M.jpg

Chicks dig?m...

Four full turns on the actuator. Warmed her up, full throttle in third and 8 psi on the dial. I think I?ll call that good. For now.

:lol::lol:

Still seem to have an oil leak the front. Sigh. Have not confirmed it, but I wish that I had put the front crank seal in it while it was apart.

Up next (before Davis):

• Oil leak.
  • Replace 23/19 bars w/ 25/22. (ordered)
  • Install new amp in way-back under cargo cover. (have amp)
  • Replace rear lower control arm bushings. (perpetual clunk?) (have tool)
  • Fix dash lights on triple set.
  • Bung in header for wideband.
  • MBC.
  • Tidy up the BOV hoses
Should be a relatively inexpensive winter / spring:

Why not go with 25/25? I have them and I like em, at least I think? Sliding around in the snow they're great. Should I see track time I may change my tune I guess.

I have my amp in the same spot, good call. Even though about making a replacement piece for the right rear interior bit out of thin plywood and mount the sub there, otherwise mount the sub and amp in that spot where the 3rd seat would go.

Thoughts on running Ben's spherical rear bushings should you want more out of the back?

What exhaust are you running, stock turbo?

Just mounted my mbc from Yoshi and went for a rip with my boost gauge now functional, it's pretty straight forward, I put mine where the old windshield washer fluid res was.

I figured that the smaller rear bar would keep her on the understeer side. Ben?s spherical?s sound cool. Currently running a turbo down pipe to a TME exhaust. Maybe do the Ultimate wastegate / 3? down at some point. No hurry.

Does the amplifier get enough air flow under the floor?

How many psi are you running?

Wait...the amp needs airflow? It has started to cut in and out, more freuquently lately. I have a 200w amp so it's pretty small, sub is an 8"

Let me know when you do your axle bushings, maybe we can do mine? I just did a run out to the shop and back, shifting around 80% throttle at 5200 rpm, I saw 7-8psi and damn I was moving! Did that several times, otherwise if I'm in 5th rolling around 70mph plus it's out of boost and chill.

That would be rad. My amp decides when it wants to turn on and off. Wiring is fine, would that be related to airflow? Where are you going to mount yours?

Back