• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Yellow Fogs - Do they work?

CEHepp

FWDFTW
Since I am doing a lot more driving at night, I have been working on ways to increase my visibility of the road.

One thing that bothers me is the lack of reflection the road gives during rainy conditions. I was told by some that yellow fog lights will solve this problem. However, I have had others tell me that yellow fog lights don't do anything and actually put out less light.

What are your opinions?

Also, if you use these bulbs, what brand do you use and does the yellow peel off? (PIAA is out of the question. I am not paying 60 dollars for two 5 dollar bulbs.)

i have the yellow plastic covers on my fogs. i put them on mainly for other cars to see me at night and in bad weather. they dont really light the road up much.

more usable light w/ Yellow, apparently. I've never used a set of yellow's w/ high quality reflectors/lenses though.

Yellow Lexus fogs on my Toyota (5$ at the scrappers!) they work awesome!could be the quality of the projectors though...
1125091135.jpg

Yellow light is supposed to be better for fog because it isn't as readily reflected by moisture droplets in the air (read:fog). It's the antithesis to turning on your high beams in fog and getting white-out from the reflection of your own headlights.

I had yellows in the inboard position on my 244. Nice fit from a 300td at the JY. Works good.

I have a pair of Lightforce lights for the car to replace the Hella's when it's back in action. We get a ****load of fog here and I find the yellow to work quite well. The blue lenses that I ordered with the lights work ****ing wonders in the snow but they are illegal in 50 states. Illegal enough to get you stopped any time you turn them on. So I stick with the yellows.

I had yellows in the inboard position on my 244. Nice fit from a 300td at the JY. Works good.

I have a pair of Lightforce lights for the car to replace the Hella's when it's back in action. We get a ****load of fog here and I find the yellow to work quite well. The blue lenses that I ordered with the lights work ****ing wonders in the snow but they are illegal in 50 states. Illegal enough to get you stopped any time you turn them on. So I stick with the yellows.

I remember blue coated halogens being sold for snowmobiles when I used to snowmobile a bunch.

I might have to get some blue lenses. Are they like po po blue when they are on, or are they like a hint of blue(like ricers HIDs)?

Stock 850 Volvo projector housings and Apexcone 35W 3000K HID's.

fog1-1.jpg

A pretty bad ass setup.

Damn, that is one sexy 850.

How bad was the mod to get the HIDs to fit?

I can get 3000K HIDs for the same price (or less than some) as two halogen bulbs with some yellow paint on the glass. But, the fact that I would have to cut up my bases bothered me.

to the OP, I have yellow HD fog lights, honestly, in bad road conditions they help a little but it's still hard to see. it's better than being blind with halogen headlights and no fog lights, but they won't light up the road like daylight if that's what you're expecting. honestly, i would prefer if my fog lights were the same color as my headlights, it would make it better in normal driving conditions at night.

Back