• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

HUB's 1968 122s Wagon Project

The project is nice, but I'm in for more pics of those newfies.

Lol. Thanks. They're my parents dogs. My stepfather brings them when he comes for the weekend to tinker with the Volvo. I'm sure they will pop up in future pictures.

Labeling and Origination of Dash Harness

Not a lot to report today. Spent most of the day cleaning and organizing. Did get the harness extended and organized today. Tested it and everything works except for the fan.

Thanks,

Last edited:
I see your car has an updated wiper mechanism that I've never seen before. The older ones are crank with gear reduction and have multiple places they can work loose, so the wipers are very imprecise and floppy. I need to know if it's possible to get one of those newer mechanisms somewhere.

I see your car has an updated wiper mechanism that I've never seen before. The older ones are crank with gear reduction and have multiple places they can work loose, so the wipers are very imprecise and floppy. I need to know if it's possible to get one of those newer mechanisms somewhere.

It came with the car. Don't know anything about it. They also gave me a spare of the same unit. Don't know if it works. I'll try it and see what info is listed on it. If it does work, I don't need two.

Today I tried my hand at powder coating. Didn't turn out that bad for my first time, but will make a few changes. Did the alternator bracket as my test piece.

lpPh5lUl.jpg

MVGxk6Ql.jpg

vq84Smfl.jpg

8SbeNQJl.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
Painting Front Suspension Clip (POR-15)

Today I started painting the front clip with POR-15. Some strong stuff.
AMt5NNil.jpg

aTjNFccl.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
It appears to be in good shape, good for you! Are you rolling the POR-15 or diluting it and spraying it ?

Yeah. I messed up. Didn't dilute it and it destroyed my gun. Lol. So brushed on the second coat.

Last edited:
:lol: I'm surprised it even came out to begin with! If you still have your gun, soak it in acetone for a few days, it should clean it up.

I'm replacing my subframe on the sedan in a few weeks and I think I'm going to paint it and then undercoat the underside of it.

:lol: I'm surprised it even came out to begin with! If you still have your gun, soak it in acetone for a few days, it should clean it up.

if you fill the cup 1/4 way with acetone or gun cleaner, plug the cap, and pull the trigger it will back purge through the needle into the cup, dont remove the needle before doing this, you will ruin the seal and need a rebuild. Remember eye protection! I do this after every color change or between coats depending on how long I'm gonna be between sessions. I had a set of guns that I loaned out and when they came back they were completely clogged, and dry, and the filters were stuck in them. I let them soak for about 24 hrs, then filled the cups and back purged like I would normally do, and after about 5 min of bubbling all was unstuck enough to pull the needle and clean it properly. Now anytime I loan them out, the person gets a very in depth tutorial on how to clean them, and if they bring them back filthy they get to go home and try again.

I spent a fortune on POR15 but I came to the verdict that it really sucks donkey nuts. Cleaned my (blasted and sanded) parts with the POR15 cleaner but still it came right off in big sheets just by peeling some off or by blowing air. A good epoxy primer is way better.

if you fill the cup 1/4 way with acetone or gun cleaner, plug the cap, and pull the trigger it will back purge through the needle into the cup, dont remove the needle before doing this, you will ruin the seal and need a rebuild. Remember eye protection! I do this after every color change or between coats depending on how long I'm gonna be between sessions. I had a set of guns that I loaned out and when they came back they were completely clogged, and dry, and the filters were stuck in them. I let them soak for about 24 hrs, then filled the cups and back purged like I would normally do, and after about 5 min of bubbling all was unstuck enough to pull the needle and clean it properly. Now anytime I loan them out, the person gets a very in depth tutorial on how to clean them, and if they bring them back filthy they get to go home and try again.

I Appreciate it. However, this is why I bought a cheap gun for my first. So I can learn with it and won't feel bad. Once I got it, I may invest in something better.

If you are looking into a good gun, look into the Devilbiss packages on www.tcpglobal.com and look for the kits that have the DeKups system. Basically the cups are lined and theres no chance of having them leak, so you can literally shoot upside down. The single gun 2 needle starter kits are like 200.

If you are looking into a good gun, look into the Devilbiss packages on www.tcpglobal.com and look for the kits that have the DeKups system. Basically the cups are lined and theres no chance of having them leak, so you can literally shoot upside down. The single gun 2 needle starter kits are like 200.

Thanks again! I'll write it down so when I feel comfortable with my current one, I can upgrade. This has been a learning process with this car.

Dismantling of B18 Engine and reassembling of Front Suspension

Got the pan off and removed the oil pump and lifters. Need to get everything out to get the block sent off.

8rtPv0Ol.jpg

Started putting some of the suspension for the front back together. Tried to order lowering springs, but that didn't go well. So I ordered coil overs instead. A lot of people are relocating the lower ball joint. I think people are moving it to the top of the LCA. Hopefully someone can get me some clarification.

QmRHNn0l.jpg

NtcKuFgl.jpg

rlsTH5Sl.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
Back