• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Alex's 122s Project.

VQ

Not such a PRVert Anymore

Yet another project for me, this time it's a big one, starting with a donor white car and moving it mostly into the red one, as it was a good deal to buy both and cheaper then doing all the rust repairs needed. That being said, someone else who has a few very nice 122's is interested in the other shell when I'm done with it. And I'd rather see it stays alive then a cube.

Recently retrimmed interior, it's very comfortable, I drove the white one back to it's resting place, not too many squeaks and groans, steering was good, I will be fitting a power booster to it though, it's going to be a weekend car on club rego which is now a 90 permit scheme in Victoria. But won't be done for years!

img0639bw.jpg
img0634uc.jpg
img0641iu.jpg
img0655r.jpg
img0654lg.jpg
img0650s.jpg
img0638k.jpg
img0637l.jpg
img0636mb.jpg
img0643in.jpg
img0645qi.jpg
img0648x.jpg
img0646x.jpg
img0647x.jpg
img0644xi.jpg
img0653fp.jpg
img0651pl.jpg
img0635xs.jpg

Red Rust free but bare shell.

img0642hb.jpg
img0575ya.jpg
img0574ow.jpg
img0573vx.jpg

I'm going to do it up a bit racing style as the red shell was meant to be a rally car but thankfully never happened. And possibly run these 17's like on the rear of this car here.
HP-Heaven-Powercruise_29_Cruising_the_Track_Part1-20110304-JC-PC29_3166.jpg

Last edited:
looks like it will be a great fun project alex! You should get a great car out of the 2 of them. Not a massive fan of the 17" rims u are looking at though...

How many 122s are in this shed?! Is that your 760 in there too?

Good job getting these, especially with that nice interior.

I don't think the proposed wheels will suit the period of the car either. Are they territory wheels?

in recent months I've seen a lot of modern steelies on pushrod volvos. Every time, before seeing it, I've gone "hmmm, dunno if that'll work" and every time, like clockwork, it's looked spectacular. I'm tempted to say that this will be an exception, but again, am looking forward to being proven wrong.

How many 122s are in this shed?! Is that your 760 in there too?

Good job getting these, especially with that nice interior.

I don't think the proposed wheels will suit the period of the car either. Are they territory wheels?
Yeah they are, I'm thinking they might not work either, and will only get some if I get them cheaper then the going rate so I can sell them on again. Otherwise, Falcon Steelies would work on it maybe, I'll just experiement, but not for a long time, need to get the car apart etc.

And yes my 760 lives in there, and there are two other 122's in there, both 2 doors, both going to be race cars.

Not much progress, washed it and sanded the roof.... Still haven't decided the shade of red!

Took shots of the paint imperfections...
img0750ez.jpg

img0751wc.jpg

img0752l.jpg

img0753j.jpg

img0754ao.jpg

img0755i.jpg

img0756p.jpg

img0757fg.jpg

img0758s.jpg

img0759g.jpg

img0760ck.jpg

img0761tg.jpg

img0762na.jpg

img0763w.jpg

img0764v.jpg

img0765k.jpg

img0766sq.jpg

img0767e.jpg

img0768f.jpg

img0769h.jpg

img0770fs.jpg

img0771gi.jpg

img0772gn.jpg

img0773t.jpg

img0774hf.jpg

img0775k.jpg

img0777f.jpg

img0778uj.jpg

img0779n.jpg

img0780j.jpg

geez a lot of layers of paint on that thing, at least in some places. from newest to oldest - red, primer, high fill primer, primer, red and not seen but at least one layer of primer bellow that. id be wanting to sand a lot of that off before adding yet more coats to it.

geez a lot of layers of paint on that thing, at least in some places. from newest to oldest - red, primer, high fill primer, primer, red and not seen but at least one layer of primer bellow that. id be wanting to sand a lot of that off before adding yet more coats to it.
Yeah, it's scaring me a bit!
I am looking for some Australian distributors for the Amazon/P1800 Suspension kits.. Who would you suggest contacting on your side of the Globe...?

Here is the suspension thread..

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=235129

http://volvovic.org.au/joomla/index...er-captains-specific-model-contact&Itemid=109

This would be the first guy I'd contact, he's got a large collection of 122s himself!

I've spoken with the guy who painted it in 1998 or so, and he said he did prep it quite well, however i did attack the roof with 80 grit, so I'll have to finish that off at least, then I can just sand back the rest of the body other then the bonnet which I'll be taking from the other car.

However, I'm now unsure if the red exterior is going to match the red interior well. argh.

Nice shell.
You'll have to build prime after 80 or work it down a bit.
320 on the DA is usually the ticket unless you are going for mechanical adhesion.

Back