• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

RHD conversion? 2013 bump for no reason

ZexPow245

ok, first off, been away for a while so forgive me if this is in another thread. now to the real deal... been working on my 89 245gl and have gotten to the point where i have been bouncing around the idea of a RHD swap, ya know, something to give the thing some serious character. the problem im having is locating parts for the swap, and figuring out how difficult this project is gonna be (given i can find everything i need) which brings me to my questions...

one, are there any good sources to get a front clip minus the engine for the swap or am i gonna have to piece it together from outside sources

two, anyone here trying to part and/or can help with import fees and customs on their end to help get the parts into the US?

and third, how difficult is this swap truly going to be. from what it appears, steering rack, firewall asm, and the dash should be all i need minus a few nuts and bolts... unless im looking at it the wrong way

any help would be nice

edit: mods if this is in the wrong place please move, thanks.

Last edited:
steering rack/shaft/wheel, and dashboard assembly will be the biggest part of the swap from LHD to RHD ...........

This would probably cost over a grand and a lot of time for nothing.

the advantage of a 240 is the character is built in. You don't need sillly & pointless RHD swaps to make a car stand out or be interesting.

This would probably cost over a grand and a lot of time for nothing.

well, as it stands i got the time and money, cars just sitting waiting on a few other little things, been on my mind to do something like this and shut the honda drivers up.... plus i personally think it would be kinda cool to have a RHD volvo in the states

post-4-1147675458.jpg

Would just be cheaper and easier to import one from UK.

How would this shut the honda drivers up? Make the car handle better or faster? What about new wheels or paint?

How would this shut the honda drivers up? Make the car handle better or faster? What about new wheels or paint?

waiting wheels from IPD atm, they only had 3 in stock of the ones i wanted. and still trying to figure out what color i want it... its factory silver right now... i would like to keep it that color but add just a little more to it... havent decided yet weather i want blue or purple pearl added to the silver yet, waiting on my body guy to get me some color chips.

and if you're going to import something why not something cooler than a 240 that wasn't sold in the US?

i like my 240 tho.... just want it a little different.... been tossing around engine swaps but thats not something different, plus again, personal preference, RHD is kinda awesome.

Do tell about this serious work being done on the engine.

right now having the block and head shaved,new rods/mains/rings, and looking at twin charging with a hy35 holsett and sc14 supercharger.... possibly gonna get the staged head strtoker kit and a few other internals from rsport as well... having everything cleaned and the current rotating asm blueprinted as well as shotpiened (pardon crappy spelling). as well as a custom intake mani.

something like this and shut the honda drivers up....

This the worst reason to do anything. They're not going to shut up unless you have a jdm mugen si type R rhd bozuko honda making 1500 whp. Then you're going to get gripes from the V8 guys. Then you build a chevelle with a 504 holley double carburator pump edle brock quadjet astroglide matching vins. Then you're going to get gripes from the Ferrari/Lambo exotic crew because you're using old technology and their cars can turn. Then you sell your house, children, and organs so you can buy 458 Italia. Then the Honda guys will complain its LHD. And the cycle continues...

Last edited:
This the worst reason to do anything. They're not going to shut up unless you have a jdm mugen si type R rhd bozuko honda making 1500 who. Then you're going to get gripes from the V8 guys. Then you build a chevelle with a 504 holley double carburator pump edle brock quadjet astroglide matching vins. Then you're going to get gripes from the Ferrari/Lambo exotic crew because you're using old technology and their cars can turn. Then you sell your house, children, and organs so you can buy 458 Italia. Then the Honda guys will complain its LHD. And the cycle continues...

well thats understood, i guess the better way to have put this is "because im bored with LHD and want to"

again, more personal preference than anything else at this point.

I could sort you out with all the parts you need to swap to RHD but shipping is going to be expensive as the parts are bulky and all together heavy.

RHD does also bring its fair share of problems with clearance on the exhaust side and the brakes need a lot of heat shielding with turbo installations. Why do you think RHD turbo's were R sport conversions only.

Back