• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie's Volvo 144 "The Lone Wanderer"

Hurray! Passed inspection today.
Only 2 items i has to fix and they where minor and took less then 2 hours to get her rechecked and pass.

the break disks where rusted so they needed to be cleaned
wiper pump died while testing :lol: thanks god for the 3 spares ones that came in the box with the car

Now the fun can start, i am legal to drive the car and work on the exterior (got new panels ready 2 rock) and some minor things like a kickdown cable is broken and the LPG does not alway work well but i'm close in fixing that else i'll have it fixed by the end of next week.

And a pic i took today :D

img1330ef.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet, a project you can drive in while fixin'. Nice work dude.

I still have good hope to have the CX roadlegal this summer...

meguiars 3 step plan FTW

img0294mc.jpg

Oh and this is what a 20 dollar leather repair kit from ebay does, i'm happy with it.
Wont tear and feels like leather too

img0285xd.jpg

Went to the Volvo repair day with White Rice and the 144 (my dad drove WR)
Finally got the car running and pulling great !

img1352plates.jpg

Driverside window always was difficult to drop and today when i put too much pressure on it it would not come up.
Time to finally fix this issue, thanks to the partscar i got for the engine i also have 4 spare doors with good rubbers and windows etc.

When i got it all out i found out why it was so hard, the whole window came off the bracket (look in the first pic you can see it how its crooked )
I also hookedup the speaker in the door so i got 2 working speakers whohoo

fotowb.jpg

foto3ez.jpg

Replaced the kickdown cable today!
I was afraid it would be a noise switch like Jeremy from top gear once said about the old Mercedes he was testing.
After having some messing with the oilpan and getting the wire to the firewall it was on!

I really love having it, i'm sure that if you always had it you'd think its useless cause its not giving allot of power..
but its just enough to let it be a difference when driving and you need just a bit more juice.

I now have the feeling the carb at idle is chocking a bit since the kick down really closed it shut where it was danglingly before s i might have to adjust it later on.
Had a friend riding along he told me he felt no difference when driving away so it might has to do with getting used to the firmer feeling of the paddle.

All in all i'm super happy i got this working again, have been wanting to to this ever since it got the engine running proper

Well we all saw this coming, after DD this car for ever since i got it on the road the radiator decided to trow up over the windshield in the wrong neighborhood in Amsterdam while i was playing loud rap music.. obviously the 144 tried to kill me for not spending more time on her but on that silly 360 cup car.

She failed in her attempt since i got some spare bottles of water by accident really so i made it home without cooking the engine or coming near it.. going too see how i can get my all steel 760 radiator with Efan in tharrr

Here some pics made in a bit safer location :)
img0802h.jpg

img0801cy.jpg

img0805v.jpg

Well Borrie got lucky there was a 144 in the yard waiting for me with a much more fresher radiator and some other small bits. also a complete trunk tray and non rotten wood holder for the sidepocket in the trunk to make it even with the center.

Got it all at a steal so the 144 is a happy camper again purring like a kittah mauw!

old and 'new'radiator
nieuw.jpg

Small bits
mail

partst.jpg

Ditch that fiber CS/cam gear. It'll fail, sooner or later. Not a good event for valves

Back