• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Is your refrigerator running? Mark's '86 745 DD- the Frigidaire!

This one was a major headache.

I am curious why it started this morning though?

:rofl: Yeah, bourbon on a Thursday evening- that wasn't my wisest decision.

Finally managed 23 seconds without rain, so I painted the dash with SEM Color Coat. Based on initial experiences, I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Where the rimps?

I'm on a bit of a timeline (Car needs to be drivable in two weeks), so they're kind of getting ignored. :-( Later this summer is the current plan.

I've got the basic harness wiring for the stereo done- gonna run the stock dash tweeters and 5-1/4" Boston acoustics in the rear doors of the deck. The front doors will be running Bravox Kevlar components that I got on clearout through a small Soundstream D60ii. Bass will consist of a 12" Cheapass™ shallow sub that'll replace the half-missing third seat, run off my Xtant 2200ix for the moment, though I'll likely repurpose that amp for the 265 in the future.

Not gonna win any competitions, but compared to the single blown door speaker I had before I think it will suffice.

Gonna do the initial dash installation tonight.

M.

Last edited:

Some parts are just mocked up for now, but the dash is in for good. Back to wiring now. Engine install party is Sunday at 1:00 if anyone is interested in helping out...

M.

Last edited:
I've actually decided against it. After driving the 940 for awhile, I noticed two things. One, I wasn't all that comfortable and neither was my girlfriend. Two, the rear seats KILL in-car rear visibility, so I would leave them folded down all the time. I'm intending to take a bunch of the hardware from them though. I'll keep my eyes open for some nice front seats- I kind of hope to find a set of the BMW-Recaro stock seats, I think from the E30? They're Recaro designed but made by BMW anyway.

That's a nice plan. Strangely enough, I like 940 seats a lot more with the extra bolstering and all. I like 850 seats even better. Would love some E30 seats in my 242!

My 740 rears have no headrests whatsoever. I'm sure they're available, but it makes it so easy to shoulder check that I've never bothered to look for 'em.

M.

Really? I'll have to look again. They're in a lot better shape than the ones in the Fridge.

Engine is in!

Still need to do the rad- I ran out of time today, unfortunately.

I have a real shifter too!

Today's helpers (almost pictured here) were my buddy Lee, his buddy Tyler and especially Jason, who basically made sure I ate this weekend while I was working my ass off. I'm super thankful for all the help I've received over this project. It feels like I'm over the edge now...

M.

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't make it by- some idiot cut me off Saturday night, forcing me into the curb. Put a fist sized hole in my tire, posted on facebook turbobricks page. I spent yesterday driving around looking at used tires. Picked up a set, now getting fitted, though I half expect the shop to call and tell me the rim is f***ed.

Back