• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Opinions? Blue Giant Injectors.

VolvoGuy123

Iron Man.
So I picked up a set of Bosch "Blue Giant" 42LB injectors and noticed that despite being almost identical to the Bosch "Green Giant" injectors, They are not. Other than the plugs (have adapters for them) The plastic tip before the O-ring is smaller than on the green injectors and the injector "clip notch" is a tad further down. *See Pictures! Anyone think these will still work? Thank you for any help!

EyJKcck.jpg

HMEERZy.jpg

Link for Info: https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/ford-racing-bosch-blue-giant-svt-cobra

Last edited:
UPDATE/CAUTION: As I suspected, You do need to swap the "pintle caps" to the traditional design and make new/proper "injector clip grooves" in order to make these work on a redblock! So, other than that slight modification they work flawlessly. Exactly like the "green giant" injectors.

ya I see no problem. The only thing u might need to do is add a washer under where u fuel rail mounts to the intake. if the o ring is the same size, ur good to go, besides the mentioned adjustments. also leem dig up the cheap rebuild part site for them if they havent been cleaned

My little clips from nathaninwa didn't work with the browns I got, they were 90* out so I used a hack saw blade and carefully made the groove go all the way around. Working great so far.

My little clips from nathaninwa didn't work with the browns I got, they were 90* out so I used a hack saw blade and carefully made the groove go all the way around. Working great so far.

True, A hacksaw blade might have been a better idea. I used a dremmel with a cutting wheel, a steady hand and a little patience. lol. came out great though. ;-)

2nd Update: I might need more fuel than these can provide me (pending AFR testing) so they might be up for sale soon! ;-)

ya I see no problem. The only thing u might need to do is add a washer under where u fuel rail mounts to the intake. if the o ring is the same size, ur good to go, besides the mentioned adjustments. also leem dig up the cheap rebuild part site for them if they havent been cleaned

*Read my follow up posts when/if you get the chance. ;) They are brand new and the O-rings are the same size. After *minor mods* they now are identical to the "green giants" and are even made by Bosch (for the Ford Cobra)

I'm running these in my redblock currently, but I never swapped the pintle caps. What is the reason behind swapping them?

I first tried installing them without the injector clips, they would fall down in the intake manifold hole causing a leak from the top. the wider (washer type) pintle caps would prevent this. and for double measure I re-cut grooves for the clips as well. Did you do the same for the clips? Beautiful car and really great work/mods btw! ;)

Last edited:
I first tried installing them without the injector clips, they would fall down in the intake manifold hole causing a leak from the top. the wider (washer type) pintle caps would prevent this. and for double measure I re-cut grooves for the clips as well. Did you do the same for the clips? Beautiful car and really great work/mods btw! ;)
Newbie question, how did you remove the pintle cap? Do they just pull off?
This is very useful info, I was gonna buy a set of these next weekend:oogle:

I had them fall in the intake until I cut the grooves for the clips. Quick work with a hacksaw. I was just making sure the spray pattern of the pintle caps wasn't going to cause an issue.

Newbie question, how did you remove the pintle cap? Do they just pull off?
This is very useful info, I was gonna buy a set of these next weekend:oogle:

I used a properly sized flat-head screw driver and carefully pried them off. I just switched the plastic piece, not sure if you can even remove the whole metal nozzle tip but I wouldn't want to anyway. Good luck with everything, so far they are working great for me! :cool:

I had them fall in the intake until I cut the grooves for the clips. Quick work with a hacksaw. I was just making sure the spray pattern of the pintle caps wasn't going to cause an issue.

I meant that I just switched the plastic piece, not sure if you can even remove the whole metal nozzle tip but I wouldn't anyway. The '4 hole' spray pattern is a lot more efficient. But yea, It sucked when mine fell down slightly into the intake, good thing I noticed right away. A fuel leak would NOT be good. #understatementoftheyear! lol. and, I didn't even think of modifying them with a hacksaw at first. wish I did though, probably would have been a lot easier/faster. lol. ;-)

Back