• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Does an aftermarket Cam require specialized timing

icdpride

Hi I have the IPD turbo cam and it just feels like timing is off I was wondering if you have to time the can differently then just lining up the normal cam mark on the backing cover?

Im sure this is a dumb question but hey I am dumb lol thanks

It should be timed just like any other cam. Check to see if it is off by a tooth

It should be timed just like any other cam. Check to see if it is off by a tooth

/\ /\ /\

Also, might try to verify TDC via another method than the front pulley mark - the rubber can die and shrink and the outer shell with the mark can move around some. It's not the most concrete reliable TDC indication.

Many times a performance cam can feel slower in normal driving, Usually they make more power at higher rpm than you normally drive, it moves the powerband higher up in the rpm band and you have to rev more to feel the power

No you gotta spin it real good and waste a bunch of gas to get any 'benefit' out of it
+1

You need a lot of air moving through the engine to notice the difference. It should be noticeable once installed though

Back