• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New England 240 Junkyards?

I know we're in rust central but thought someone might have a lead. Looking for a 70's brown 245 interior and some k-jet bits. In Central NH but willing to drive...

Used this place a few times 10+ years ago. Who knows what they have kicking around.
Self Serve Used Auto Parts
65 Chace Rd, East Freetown, MA 02717
508-763-1720

Closer to me is Chuck & Eddies.
384 Old Turnpike Road
Plantsville, CT 06489
Phone: 800-423-8353
Last time I was there (year+ ago) I don't remember if there were any 240s in the yard.

Generally, there aren't any prize pick-n-pulls in CT.

AC Auto Sales, Leeds Maine. I was there about 10 years ago and he had dozens of cars in fields/woods. I heard from someone at the Sunapee car show that he's still there....

AC Auto Sales, Leeds Maine. I was there about 10 years ago and he had dozens of cars in fields/woods. I heard from someone at the Sunapee car show that he's still there....

Yeah! I'm gonna check it out soon. Talked to him on the phone, seems like a cool guy. It's about a 2.5 hour ride.

I know we're in rust central but thought someone might have a lead. Looking for a 70's brown 245 interior and some k-jet bits. In Central NH but willing to drive...

Not in your area, but there's near Portland, Oregon who has a lot of old Volvo parts for sale.

Rich's Volvo Only.

Yeah, his rep isn't the best but hey, these parts are built of unobtanium, and he may have what you need.

No idea if he'd pick, wrap and ship to you like an e-bay seller would.

He just moved to the suburbs of Portland: he's now on River Rd. in Milwaukie, Oregon.

Rich can suck it. I got my ‘79 from him and he straight up lied about half the stuff on the car. Payment for any parts would be tied to a brick thrown through his front window.

I'll not disagree, but consider this:

Parts for our old Volvos are getting harder and harder to find as the donor cars usually go to the crusher to be recycled into Toyotas and such.

For better or worse he's the only guy I know of locally who is sitting on a hoard of old Volvo parts.

Deal with him with your eyes open and verify any claims he may make.

Does it really matter if you deal with some of his B.S. when he's about the only source of supply?

If you've other options, take them.

Last edited:
Back