• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

V8BRICK to 285Ti

V8BRICK

Kinda dumb I didn't do a project thread from the beginning, anyway I'll post up all the old pics as well as all the new ones I take along with descriptions.

First stage is body/wheels: (from 2/17/06)

hese are the wheels I plan on running on the '86 wagon with a turbo V8 when it's all ready. They're 17x9 fronts and 17x10.5 rears. Rears are 315 width and I'm thinking a 275ish or less on the front, depends. The spacers are 1.125" on front and rear, and I'm thinking I can go a little less on the front, more like .5" would work nicely without having too much fender work to do. The goal is keep them perfectly flush with the fender lips, so a little massaging is in order of course. And I'm not really dead set on the spacers for the rear either, this was just a photoshoot/fitting thing. The rears are anthracite, but I'm running them all in silver, got a couple extra 10.5's a year or so ago for fitting. Anyway, enough blabbing:

deepdish_01.jpg

deepdish_02.jpg

deepdish_03.jpg

deepdish_04.jpg

deepdish_05.jpg

Last edited:
And the most recent work completed yesterday, sadly more than a year later, wow that should be motivation enough:

Used a 4wd jack to press the fenders out from the inside, then welded in my cheapo conduit bracing in preparation for some sheet metal coverings soon hopefully. Engine is still in being assembled, but it's pretty much the same thing that was in it before except factory forged pistons for a little more piece of mind over the old casties. Loooong way to go still, but thought I'd show that I am still working lol.

wheelwell_01.jpg

wheelwell_02.jpg

wheelwell_03.jpg

wheelwell_04.jpg

wheelwell_05.jpg

Last edited:
how much further were the fenders pushed out?

I'd guess roughly 2" at the top centerline of the tire, much much further at the bottoms to get the tires to tuck inside. You can kinda see in these pics, but if you look at the top of the fender, these pics are before it was pushed further out at the top:

deepdish_07.jpg

deepdish_08.jpg

Last edited:
Done with one side of sheet metal fenders!

wheelwell_07.jpg

wheelwell_06.jpg

wheelwell_08.jpg

Got some primer/sealer to spray it all with and seam sealer to run along the spot welds to seal it all up after I'm done lol hopefully it will look better once it's all painted and covered!

Last edited:
you should be able to remove the tubing now i imagine if you welded that sheet metal in properly. looks awsome!

Back