• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Will it fit and spool?

sbabbs

300+ Member
300+ Club
Okay I got this garrett gt3571KLNV turbo. It's a variable vane turbo. It's got a t3 flange, but the flange is turned 90 degrees from normal. Would this turbo work? I'm thinking custom manifold or some sort of adapter.

gt351.jpg

gt352.jpg

gt353.jpg

gt354.jpg

Simon

Why does it already have an MBC hooked up? The truck it came off of wasn't spooling enough? :lol:

Ahh you noticed the MBC. I put that there in the pic, but It ain't hooked up to anything. The hotside on this has the variable vane setup. I didn't get the controler. I'm not sure how easy it would be to swap over to the normal type. 86 a/r on the hotside and 58 a/r on the other.

Just run a wastegate actuator on it to run the vanes. I'd keep the turbo as is and make an up pipe off the 90+ with an external wastegate on it then put the turbo up and forward. If you had the flanges and bought some weld L's and sections it would be simple to tack it up then take to any exhaust shop to weld up. I've got a small wirefeed welder if you wanna bring it by my place.

Thanks
Renny

Back