• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

850 seats in a 240

STM240

So my friend just got some new seats for his 850, and he gave me his old ones, and i'd like to put them in my 240. I was wondering if anyone has done this, or has put in any other seats which had to modified to fit?

here what i posted last weekL: :-)-P)

(some pics not working, i hate imageshack)

mainphpg2viewcoreu.jpg
(some pics not working, i hate imageshack)
How it fits in the 240. I've combined the 240 seat rails with the 850 (manual) height adjustment. The seat can be adjusted to be lower than the 240's original seat was.

Some fabrication pics:

mainphpg2viewcorey.jpg

Making the bracket. I've made the bracket pretty strong so it wont fail before anything else in case of a crash. the cross braces (square tubing) are needed because the 850 seat is (much) wider than the 240 seat rails, the seat rails would see a bending load in the wrong direction without them (causing wear and probably some movement). In this pic the bracket is up side down, the big plates are mounted to the 240 seat rails (no holes drilled yet).

mainphpg2viewcoregzk.jpg

Mounted to the bottom of the 850 seat (partly tack welded before trial fitment).
First testdrive was great, no more busted stock seat and proper adjustment :cool:
I got a set of 850 seats without SIPS, i didnt want to drive around with a non-tested/experimental srs system haha.

more pics can be found here: http://jw.cautela.nl/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=4011

WillieWonka put PT Cruiser seats in his 240. Sounds lame at first, but they fold down flat and scoot up all the way under the dash and have a "table" on the back that is uber convenient.... The pics are not on my phone anymore, though... He said it was very easy to do.

i dont know man,i will have to go to a dealer here and sit on one of those seats to feel the diffrence,,,,,still why in the world someone would put worst seats in a volvo?

yeah i did only the drivers seat... the passenger seat was manual. it just needs a positive negative and a ground. i just used the wiring from the heated seats. I have pictures just need to post them.

yeah i did only the drivers seat... the passenger seat was manual. it just needs a positive negative and a ground. i just used the wiring from the heated seats. I have pictures just need to post them.

sweet, i'd definitly like to see those pictures when they're posted

WillieWonka put PT Cruiser seats in his 240. Sounds lame at first, but they fold down flat and scoot up all the way under the dash and have a "table" on the back that is uber convenient.... The pics are not on my phone anymore, though... He said it was very easy to do.

Well willywonka is a genius

Back