home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > maintenance & nonperformance

Old 11-23-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
Aaron45
Board Member

Default Cheap source for a Regina FPR?

I'm getting slightly poor mileage on my Regina-equipped 740. Just replaced the coolant temp sensor, but I want to go ahead and replace the FPR and the O2 sensor for good measure. IPD only has the Bosch FPRs, and they don't seem to indicate if any of the O2 sensors are Regina-compatible. FPC Groton claims the Bosch O2 sensor works for both, which I don't think is true.

I'd like to avoid going to Volvo for the part, since I don't want to take out a loan. Are there other vehicles that use the same pressure regulator? Autozone only comes up with the Bosch items for a Volvo 740. Thanks for any help.
Aaron45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:08 AM   #2
Admiral Rebel
Board Member

I haven't had to look for any FPRs for my car, but ours are 2.5 bar. Bosch does make 2.5 bar FPRs, but their application seems limited to BMWs. They are the same style, so they would bolt right in.

Quick Google search yielded Bosch part number 280 160 248. And also an eBay auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fuel-...Q5fAccessories

Edit: The Volvo part number for this is 6842410, interchangeable with 1389564. Everything I see for these part numbers is over $100. The generic Bosch part number for the BMW reg seems to be the way to go.

1970 Volvo 164
M400, Virgos, Dual Webers, and A/C?!

1990 Volvo 745GL
278,000 Miles
No turbo, automatic. Regina with T cam. Too much traction.

Last edited by Admiral Rebel; 11-24-2009 at 12:23 AM.. Reason: no speakie engliss
Admiral Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:35 AM   #3
Aaron45
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Rebel View Post
I haven't had to look for any FPRs for my car, but ours are 2.5 bar. Bosch does make 2.5 bar FPRs, but their application seems limited to BMWs. They are the same style, so they would bolt right in.

Quick Google search yielded Bosch part number 280 160 248. And also an eBay auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fuel-...Q5fAccessories

Edit: The Volvo part number for this is 6842410, interchangeable with 1389564. Everything I see for these part numbers is over $100. The generic Bosch part number for the BMW reg seems to be the way to go.

Thanks for the response. I read on another forum that the Bosch and Regina regulators run at the same pressure and are therefore interchangeable. If that's true, I want to go cheap... I don't know why the regina regulators seem to be so expensive. If I'm right, I'm thinking of going and picking one up from Autozone down the street, here is the part:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/cat...questid=108416
Aaron45 is offline   Reply With Quote