• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Worst bushing ever

the poi

Has been
Fellow sufferers of the 95+ 960 Front lower control arm rear bushing, I bring irrefutable data that that mother****er is the worst bushing ever.

130343512.jpg

Nobody deserves this.

Behold my apparatus:

130345034.jpg

130345027.jpg

71687421.jpg

Also- NEVER LOWER A 95+ 960. DO NOT DO IT. Also run stupid stiff springs. When the bushing angles off level, either from lowering or brake dive, the deflection curve gets even worse. Sticky tires, hard brake = 1.8* toe gain. lolwtf.

I'll make it all better though. It's cool.

Considering the fact that a Volvo 960 is a luxury car and those bushings were almost certainly designed primarily to improve NVH characteristics, not to give race-worthy characteristics on lowered cars, I'd say the bushings aren't as bad as you make them out to be. Now if you found these characteristics on bushings from a Gumpert Apollo, I'd be nodding with you, not disputing the validity of your interpretations of the results.

Considering the fact that a Volvo 960 is a luxury car and those bushings were almost certainly designed primarily to improve NVH characteristics, not to give race-worthy characteristics on lowered cars, I'd say the bushings aren't as bad as you make them out to be. Now if you found these characteristics on bushings from a Gumpert Apollo, I'd be nodding with you, not disputing the validity of your interpretations of the results.

uh, pretty sure that the intended utilization of a bushing doesn't affect its physical characteristics.

the characteristics that the little one has described are probably spot-on, but were well within the desired performance envelope for the disgusting floridamobile that is the 960.

Well, what's funny is, I used to put a different style of bushing in 960's.
Volvo at least used to sell an alternate bushing that was much less ****ty, believe it or not.

I bet Vadis still lists it, it's denoted as an "alternate service" part or something to that effect.

Volvo at least used to sell an alternate bushing that was much less ****ty, believe it or not.

I bet Vadis still lists it, it's denoted as an "alternate service" part or something to that effect.

No way! How did the design differ?

I can't for the life of me find it, but I remember someone filling the gaps (or at least mentioning it) on these ****ers with 3M window weld? At the time it seemed pointless, but seeing this now makes me think maybe it's not such a bad idea?

No way! How did the design differ?
If you'd get off your ass and install VADIS....

I can't for the life of me find it, but I remember someone filling the gaps (or at least mentioning it) on these ****ers with 3M window weld? At the time it seemed pointless, but seeing this now makes me think maybe it's not such a bad idea?

It falls out apparently.

Its still there.

Its still there.

There pictures? Part number?

Re: window weld--that was me! It doesn't work, as mentioned aboved, it just squirts out. The reason why there's a huge hole in the bushing in the first place is because it needs to flex a lot with control arm movement.

Back