• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Jacobpockros's 240 5-Speed Thread

Jacobpockros

Hows it goin everyone. Just picked up my 1988 240DL 5-Speed. It has approximately 195,000 miles on it and it's in great shape!

P1000622-1.jpg

P1000623.jpg

I love the car. It's not fast, but it gets me going to where I need to go whenever I want. Feel free to post some suggestions for performance. -Jake

Last edited:
Geeze you must be strong.

I think it was a joke in reference to 'Just picked up my 240!'

Great looking car, I dig the black, 5spd, and crank windows. I'm one of the few people here they don't like virgos, I think a set of scorpius's or tethys would look great on it though.

Seems to be rarer on the later models. Almost every 86+ 240 I've seen around here has power windows, hell even my '84 does. Then again, there ain't too many 240s around here to begin with.
I love black 240's
My 89 244 has roll up wiindows too, mus be a special for us canadian cheepos :-P

+T and garage the brick, DD the acura IMO

Let's think about this for a second. 114hp 88' vs 290hp 03'. Acura gets the crown lol.

I have to say though, this 240 is an amazing car. It runs so nice and handles great! I just need to fix a couple interior pieces on it and get new headlight covers for it.

was that thing garaged all it's life? where are you located anyway that your 240 can be that clean at 195k. must have been babied

was that thing garaged all it's life? where are you located anyway that your 240 can be that clean at 195k. must have been babied

Thanks man. A lady bought the car brand new in San Diego. Then she sold it to a man in LA, who then sold it to me yesterday, and I'm also in San Diego. The paint is really smooth, I actually had just washed it right before I took that picture.

Back