• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Resistor Mod

CRP

Its basically taking the resistor out thats on the left hand wind (of RHD car) and chopping the stalks off that look like chalk and soldering them together. Its supposed to let you run bigger injectors without frying the ECU (so im told?)

Has anyone else heard of this and is it true????

Cheers

Chris

Yes and no....

You can keep the resistor pack and install larger injectors if same ohm range as stock injectors

Only reason to remove the resistor pack is if you are running different ohm injectors, stock size or bigger.

Google high and low res injectors, that will explain more, in fact do a search in the Performance section, just discussed in the last few weeks

and have whomever told you that above read the post as well, because they are giving out misinformation!!!!

read up why you need a resistor box. you can run bigger injectors with a resister box any ways. you only take the resister box out when you go to a high ohm injectors not just because there bigger.

I went from stock to ME7 blues. Out of an S60 T5. Does that mean i still need it or?...

I went from stock to ME7 blues. Out of an S60 T5. Does that mean i still need it or?...

What do they flow then? As the impedance information will be with the flow ratings. Do a search on the part number.
Generally 2 types, low or high impedance check the ohm. You do not need to remove the pack but you do need to remove it from the injector circuit if they are high impedance. Ground each one at the plug pack of the resistors.

By the look of this thread you may need some help from someone with electrical knowledge.

Last edited:
holy crap.

harbor freight sells em for like $3, but this thread has kinda started out bad and stayed there. What is the OP trying to accomplish and why? (beyond NEED BIGUR INJEKTORS)

holy crap.

harbor freight sells em for like $3, but this thread has kinda started out bad and stayed there. What is the OP trying to accomplish and why? (beyond NEED BIGUR INJEKTORS)

My currency is ? not $, im not from the US.

What im trying to figure is if my car should have the resistor mod or not.

if you're a stock turbo volvo, it's going to have them.

the stock injectors are low resistance (impedance) therefore, they need the resistor pack.

if you're going to upgrade to bigger injectors with the same impedance (low), keep them.

if you're going to higher impedance injectors, get rid of them.

upgrading to bigger injectors is a slightly different story all together, hopefully this helps clarify things for you.

Back