home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > General > events

Old 05-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #76
Benjam83
Moar Volvos than Queen B

I'd be interested. I'll probably be getting on the road from work. Getting excited. My new tires are scheduled to arrive tomorrow, then I just need to get them mounted on my freshly PCed Borbets. Clean up a few other odds and ends and she should be ready.

12 WRX Hatchback
10 Subaru Outback
93 245 m47
Benjam83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #77
SquareD
An Anomaly

It might be redundant, but I started a thread for the Friday night's activities here:

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=259444
1994 945ti | 15g @ 14psi, Turbosmart EBC, AEM Failsafe WB, 3"/2.5" exhaust, do88 intercooler, iPd cam, STS cam gear, Ostrich LH tune, sbabbs EZK chip, green giants, K&N, Yoshifab CCV/Can/Cap, iPd SS brake lines, TME, Eibach, BNE, Koni suspension, iPd sways, iPd panhard, Cherry Turbos upper/lower braces, forged BBS RG-Rs, Michelin Pilot SS, ecodes, V90 bits.
1985 744ti | 13.8 @ 100.5 mph - Sold after 20 years.
SquareD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #78
242Jeff
Board Member

I'll be there with my green 96 960 in the champions category.

Jeff

1983 242
1996 960
242Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:51 PM   #79
Clay
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 242Jeff View Post
I'll be there with my green 96 960 in the champions category.

Jeff

1983 242
1996 960

I still can't believe how clean your 960 is. It's remarkable. My 940 has...a few more bumps and bruises than last year.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:28 PM   #80
242Jeff
Board Member

I'll be there with my green 96 960.
242Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #81
Nealswheels
Board Member

The Mrs and I will be there in my 80 245.
Hope to meet some of you there.
Neal
2010 XC60 T6 “The DD”
Nealswheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:00 AM   #82
Ralph_Wolf
240 Therapy

Ill be there as well in the champions
Ralph_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #83
Ralph_Wolf
240 Therapy

What an awesome show. I'm so sunburned. Anxious for the rally tomorrow.
Ralph_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #84
JohnMc
PV Abuser

The P1800 racecar sounded gnarlier than my PV. Because racecar. :(
'93 245 16VT Classic #1141
JohnMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #85
Clay
Board Member

I'm also ridiculously sunburnt. My ears are roasting right now.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #86
JohnMc
PV Abuser

A bunch of random uncaptioned (mostly) pics from the show:
Old 06-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #87
JohnMc
PV Abuser

My two hoopties:

The 245 got a prize:

Sun Morning rally gathering point:

The rally was nice. Had fun keeping up with Nick Tosie's V70R in the PV. But it seemed to hang with it just fine.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #88
JohnMc
PV Abuser

After that, went over to an otherwise unrelated European car show partway across town. Lots of really neat machinery on display there. Here's a mostly uncommented photo dump.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #89
JohnMc
PV Abuser

'Pickled' E30 M3:

(8000 miles)

Holy grail of supercars (/Jeremy Clarkson) - the F40:

Turbo's are quite small, like 13C sized. Maybe even smaller:

A couple of fakes (well, there are a couple up above too):
Old 06-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #90
pwschuh
Rolling...

Congrats on your award. Well-deserved.

Some tasty cars at that other show. Particularly like the green Landy. The nice air conditioned DS has European heads and tails but they didn't switch the signals.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #91
JohnMc
PV Abuser

Yeah, if I got to take one car home from the show (other than the F40), it would be the Landy or the gray Alfa roadster.

The DS was a bit weather beaten in person, tired rubber and sunflecked plastics. On sale with an asking price of $15.5K. Such a design, so far ahead of it's time that it's time never got here (yet). It's a sort of alternative future that never happened.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #92
Benjam83
Moar Volvos than Queen B

Indeed, it was a great show. A lot of really really nice cars there. That Dark Silver 122 was incredible. The de-chromed yellow 1800ES spoke to me as well. Ooo, also......that 91 780..........ridiculously clean. The guy drives it.....I just cant imagine where he would find the time to keep it that clean and straight.

I know a number of Tbrickers went home with some hardware from the show. I took the third in the same class as John, and Dustin (SquareD) got second....I think....in his class. I knew his 740 was clean from pictures he's posted, but they totally don't do it justice. It's awesome!!!

It was really nice meeting so many good folks. I had a good time talking to Dustin and John...they really know their stuff. I know there were some other Tbrickers there.....I just didn't get their names.
Benjam83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #93
SquareD
An Anomaly

The show was a great time. I really wish I had time to have gone to all the activities, especially the breakfast and rally, but it didn't work out that way. There were a lot of really, really nice cars and it was awesome just being around a bunch of fellow enthusiasts. It kinda rekindled my love of Volvos. The cars were nice, but I really enjoyed meeting some fellow enthusiasts. I wish I would have had more time to just hang out and shoot the poop with people. It's always nice to put faces to TB sign-ons.

Yeah, I got second the the 740/940/960 class; which actually had quite a few entries. I'm totally not irritated a brickboard-style, preserved and unmodified PRV 780 beat me for the second time in a row. I would have rather lost to that super clean and very nicely modified grey 940 turbo, but whatevs.

It was great talking to you Ben, loved the 5.0'd 940, especially the nascar-style side pipe. I'm telling you, you need to cam that thing. Giving Clay a hard time was fun too. I thought he was going to start scavenging parts off my 940 while I wasn't looking. Gabe smashing a S60 taillight for the heck of it didn't surprise me one bit. I talked to Davies, the guy with the surgically clean 780 turbo for a while. Hopefully he'll be poking around on here as he wants to build another 780 that's modded. I also thought it was cool seeing the Aspirator's and Bne's parts on random, non-TB cars; like that "rally" 240 and the 1800 race car (which sounded freakin' awesome).

Hopefully other people will post up reminding me who was who and what car belonged to them. I didn't take any pictures, but I know other people did, looking forward to those.

Last edited by SquareD; 06-04-2012 at 11:33 AM..
Old 06-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #94
JohnMc
PV Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareD View Post
I talked to Davies, the guy with the surgically clean 780 turbo for a while. Hopefully he'll be poking around on here as he wants to build another 780 that's modded.
After the rally, they parked his car in the O'Fallon Suntrup Volvo dealer's showroom. Apparently it's going to stay there for a week or two.

I told him he should stick the window sticker back up in the window and see if they can sell it at MSRP for him.

Last edited by JohnMc; 06-04-2012 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 06-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #95
SquareD
An Anomaly

That car was bananas. Seriously. I can't imagine the money he has in maintaining it at that level of cleanliness/newness. I love the color combo too. With OEM Polarii to boot!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #96
pwschuh
Rolling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMc View Post
On sale with an asking price of $15.5K.
Yikes. Even if the A/C works, that's about 5K too high.
pwschuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #97
Clay
Board Member

Quote:
The show was a great time. I really wish I had time to have gone to all the activities, especially the breakfast and rally, but it didn't work out that way. There were a lot of really, really nice cars and it was awesome just being around a bunch of fellow enthusiasts. It kinda rekindled my love of Volvos. The cars were nice, but I really enjoyed meeting some fellow enthusiasts. I wish I would have had more time to just hang out and shoot the poop with people. It's always nice to put faces to TB sign-ons.

Yeah, I got second the the 740/940/960 class; which actually had quite a few entries. I'm totally not irritated a brickboard-style, preserved and unmodified PRV 780 beat me for the second time in a row. I would have rather lost to that super clean and very nicely modified grey 940 turbo, but whatevs.

It was great talking to you Ben, loved the 5.0'd 940, especially the nascar-style side pipe. I'm telling you, you need to cam that thing. Giving Clay a hard time was fun too. I thought he was going to start scavenging parts off my 940 while I wasn't looking. Gabe smashing a S60 taillight for the heck of it didn't surprise me one bit. I talked to Davies, the guy with the surgically clean 780 turbo for a while. Hopefully he'll be poking around on here as he wants to build another 780 that's modded. I also thought it was cool seeing the Aspirator's and Bne's parts on random, non-TB cars; like that "rally" 240 and the 1800 race car (which sounded freakin' awesome).

Hopefully other people will post up reminding me who was who and what car belonged to them. I didn't take any pictures, but I know other people did, looking forward to those.

The PRV 780 is exceptionally clean, though. Plus, Dan and Linda (the owners) are the nicest people. Ben's 940 sounds absolutely WICKED and it's an extremely cool car.

I definitely wanted to...uh...borrow parts from your car. I really love your 940, and the 740's wicked too. The wheels on your 740 really make it pop. Beautiful cars. My car isn't really that nice, but I appreciate it for getting me places reliably. I did 24-28 MPG the entire trip, which isn't really that bad. I've developed a strange misfire that is indicated on the tach. It occurs between 55-75 MPH and under extremely light throttle application. Not sure what it could be.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #98
shellshock
Below, is a photo of Clay

Quote:

I had a good time meeting ya'll! I loved your 740. That blue interior is sweet!

I'm glad I came out. Probably one of the best VCOA meets I've been to!

I have some pictures that I'll get uploaded and post
1983 SAAB 900 Turbo
shellshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:12 AM   #99
Texas240
Prius Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellshock View Post

I had a good time meeting ya'll! I loved your 740. That blue interior is sweet!

I'm glad I came out. Probably one of the best VCOA meets I've been to!

I have some pictures that I'll get uploaded and post
You owe me money?
Old 06-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #100
shellshock
Below, is a photo of Clay

My pictures:

shellshock is offline   Reply With Quote