home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > General > showroom

Old 04-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
Iamtheonlyreal1
Board Member

Default Swedish Ops (Special Builds Division) P1800 Preliminary Renditions

Here are the first renditions of the P1800, we are doing some changes here and there, along with different stripe ideas. We do have multiple stripes on the cars while trying figure out different layouts, so they may not be mulitiple stripes on any of them..

I would be interested in knowing what you guys think of them.. I am really looking for what you guys think about the proportions of the car, rather than the I wouldnt do that to my car.. LOL

The green one has the later model trim/door handle, and had the front marker lights removed.. We have decided not to do the deleted park lamp/turn signals, but I wanted to show what the Updated Early wheel design would look like.

Classic Auto Glass Innovations
New Vintage Cycle Werks
Classicautoglassinnovations.com

Project Changling (Pro-Touring P1800 Build)

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=235130

Project VOLVO X (Pro-Touring Amazon Build)

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=237655

Project Saint Marie (Customer Build 1964 P1800)

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=242978
Iamtheonlyreal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
JohnMc
PV Abuser

I know you're going for a certain look, but I still miss the chrome trim on the grille. I don't like the looks of it in body color.

I know it's a signature piece of the 1800 styling, but that transition from the round front fenders to the tail finned rear fenders is just plain awkward.
'93 245 16VT Classic #1141
JohnMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
kahluaTDI
Board Member

I'd be interested to see what they looked like with the wing mirrors moved up onto the fenders.
Photobucket
kahluaTDI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
adrianpike
There's a gif for that.

(ʘ‿ʘ)

I'm looking to buy, PM me if you've got any of it: LS coils, B234, 93 850 bumper, ford 8.8", T56

Adrian is omniscient, you will never escape his wrath. - 500dollar744ti

doug was here
adrianpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
Iamtheonlyreal1
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMc View Post
I know you're going for a certain look, but I still miss the chrome trim on the grille. I don't like the looks of it in body color.

I know it's a signature piece of the 1800 styling, but that transition from the round front fenders to the tail finned rear fenders is just plain awkward.
The 375 horsepower cars will have a choice of chrome and colors, but the 545 horsepower cars will be restricted to certain colors, options, and trim options..

Here is a version with the chrome grille..

Old 04-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #6
JohnMc
PV Abuser

Looks better, IMO.

Perhaps I've just seen to many older cars with paint slathered over everything in an attempt to update the looks. It rarely works.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #7
Mylesofsmyles
Twin-Cams & Flathoods

Your Chip Foose style renderings of Classic Bricks is soooooooooooo Inspirational!
Old 04-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
JohnMc
PV Abuser

I saw a de-tail finned 1800E once, left it with a sort of rounded boat-tail Alfa rear end.

Did not look good at all.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #9
Iamtheonlyreal1
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMc View Post
I saw a de-tail finned 1800E once, left it with a sort of rounded boat-tail Alfa rear end.

Did not look good at all.
I saw that one also, and that is why I only did a reduction on my Project Changling build.. LOL

Old 04-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #10
JohnMc
PV Abuser

Looks good, de-emphasized, but still there.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #11
745 TurboGreasel
Board Member

How about one of these? Vintage, classy, and helps break up the big panel.

Feedback

745 TurboGreasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #12
mondo
Board Member

The green one has the later model trim/door handle, and had the front marker lights removed.. We have decided not to do the deleted park lamp/turn signals, but I wanted to show what the Updated Early wheel design would look like.[/B]

The green one. Doesn't need the stripes. Chrome grille surround.
Needs 330 Ferrari-style egg-crate grille. Side exhaust just below stripe
mondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #13
mondo
Board Member

Correction: Doesn't need the hood stripes from Red concepts. I like the lower stripe from Green rendering.
mondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #14
RDC
Poovey Farms Mechanic

nice renderings (illustrator?). I agree with everyone else about the chrome grille surround.
I like the big disk wheels. They look good on that car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylesofsmyles View Post
Your Chip Foose style renderings of Classic Bricks is soooooooooooo Inspirational!
lol. aka product rendering style rendering.
Jeeps, Alfas... and enough parts to build a house out of

Quote:
Originally Posted by klr142 View Post
I'm not a fan of anus painus.
RDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #15
Ansel+
#BasedLand Coilovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianpike View Post
(ʘ‿ʘ)
I started giggling uncontrollably
Old 04-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #16
Old Iron
I Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylesofsmyles View Post
Hell yes! ^^^^

I always am happy to see a new post by you, even before I click on the thread1
Old 04-14-2012, 12:19 AM   #17
Iamtheonlyreal1
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo View Post

The green one. Doesn't need the stripes. Chrome grille surround.
Needs 330 Ferrari-style egg-crate grille. Side exhaust just below stripe

I am not sure if you are saying it needs the chrome grille shell or not, but most of the Egg-crate grilled Ferrari's I have seen, do not have chrome grille shells. So if that is what was meant, I am not sure that would really work out in appearance..

I do understand what people are talking about when they say they seen paint slathered on chrome, but that will not be the case here.. We will not be using the factory metal grill shells or trim rings, and they will blend into the body better, because they will be custom made from a paintable plastic.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:09 AM   #18
Jordan
Board Member

I really just want to see a finished product. We've seen all the renderings, I think at this point a few glamorous photos of a completed car and a video of it crusing and laying down some rubber is going to give your shop the publicity you want it to have. I think this may be a case of over documentation. You don't want to over hype your product, it builds impossible standards to meet.

In short, quit working on renderings and work on the car!

1977 242DL
-Chiquita-

My Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:20 AM   #19
Rust Reaper
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I really just want to see a finished product. We've seen all the renderings, I think at this point a few glamorous photos of a completed car and a video of it crusing and laying down some rubber is going to give your shop the publicity you want it to have. I think this may be a case of over documentation. You don't want to over hype your product, it builds impossible standards to meet.

In short, quit working on renderings and work on the car!
It would be nice to see something finished. Not just parts finished, but cars finished. I know when I'm finishing off things on my business ventures the small details take the longest, and 200% longer than I always think.

It's a rare person who'll fork over $70,000 on a rendering alone, without a big portfolio of the shops past work.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:32 AM   #20
Turbo Joe
Pick a title, any title

Still waiting on a finished product......any finished product. It looks like you got talent. At least as much as I do. Just waitin............

Obama
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #21
Iamtheonlyreal1
Board Member

First off. Until now, the P1800 Build Renditions have not been released yet, and I have had people wanting to see them. The Amazon renditions were the ones that were previously released, so it isnt a fact of us consistantly releasing variations of the same car. I am releasing build information and styling as we get them done, and these are the guides for the actual builds.

For the guys that dont understand that the builds are currently going, they are. It is common practice to release renderings for the upcoming cars, because it shows what the outcome will be.. Now if the cars were ready, there would be no need for renderings.

If you also read the beginning of this post, you will see that I am asking what people think about the proportions of the renderings.. I wanted to make sure that the community didnt see something that was off with the templates we are using.

I already have customer builds going on, along with 4 more on the waiting list at this time, at the stated pricing. The first couple do take a bit more time, and this again is the reason for the renderings. We are not building a car around a single part like other company's do, we are actually completely building and marketing about every part on the car, so it does take a bit more time. We also use the rendition tools to test out options, paint schemes, wheels, stance, etc, to better suit our customers.. But the real reason for the release of renderings, is to show what the differences will be with accessories and products.

Swedish Ops is not doing your typical Volvo freshen up builds, so it takes a bit of setting up to do, while the intial cars are being built.. There are alot of little features along the way that are getting done also, and everything is being set up for mass productions, which will sometime slow a step down. I really hope that the last few posters, dont really think that these cars are not actually being built at this time, because there are project threads on all of our builds.. I know there are alot of renditions or concepts out there, but I assure you, the Swedish Ops (Special Builds Divsion) cars are actully being done at this time.

I have already hired a professional driver, and we have dedicated Road Course and Drifting track time in the Dallas area, so we will have the video's also. Everyone of your comments have been addressed already, because we have been moving forward. This last 8 months has been a 7 day a week job for me, because there is so much to do.. And that 8 month start up time, should show how serious all of this is.. I could get a car out very quickly, but I do not want a car done, that doesnt have the actual mass produced products on it.

Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; 04-15-2012 at 10:42 PM..
Old 04-14-2012, 12:25 PM   #22
Rust Reaper
Board Member

Renderings are cool, and the proportions are pretty close. It's glamorized, so the hood is probably a bit longer than normal, wheels bigger than actual, and the front of the 1800's "airdam" is quite a bit higher in a line than the rocker line is. It's one of the few things I don't like about the car, but I'm not sure if these are supposed to be renderings of a stock body, or of one like your "Changeling". The wheelwells are round, when on the 1800 they aren't. The rear fins are straight so my guess would be the stock body.

A side profile, accurate, line art drawing taken off of an actual 1800 could be useful for showing customers wheel proportions and other mods in a real world light without the glamor. It would be really helpful in seeing the difference between a 18", 19", 20" and 21" wheel in the wheelwells. So, a list, i suppose

1) Wheelwells are round (1800's aren't)
2) Hood longer?
3) Wheel size
4)Front clip should probably be higher, but looks better the way drawn, just not accurate.

I didn't address things like shaving lights because they're not super extensive body mods.
Rust Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #23
Mattis
Board Member

The green one with Project Changling or similar style bumpers would be bad a**
Mattis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #24
Iamtheonlyreal1
Board Member

Good call on the wheel arches... I felt the front arch was pretty close, but the rear is a bit off. I really thought the hood was pretty spot on, so I am comfortable with that.. The rear fins on a P1800 are tricky, because in some real world pictures, they actually look like they have more of a downward curve toward the rear than they do. And in other pictures, they really look like they are dead nuts straight, so this is really a judgement call..

I also agree on the front nose height, and that is why the green nose is different than the others. The green car was an earlier work, and I had him correct the proportions of the nose, and we also discussed that the actual car would not support the chin spoiler as pictured on that car. I do know that there will be things that will be a bit off here and there, but I would like the overall to be a fairly true representative for our templates.

I just wanted to ensure that the proportions were pretty true to life, because there are alot of renditions out there that are not proportional at all.. In order to get a more sleek look, the artist will normally take liberties with windshield and front end slope, which is something that is rarely done during the actual build..
Old 04-14-2012, 04:28 PM   #25
amerbritcan
Hnnnnnng

any news on the headlights and when you'll have them available?
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles850t View Post
I fart and Reese Witherspoon falls out of my ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhengisKhan View Post
I'm just a cum guzzler and I can't help myself.
www.brickspeed.net
Poopie scissors
amerbritcan is offline   Reply With Quote