• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

245 turbo project

Gosh dam, even though i don't approve of you hacking up two nice cars for this project, this thin looks outstanding. I can't figure it out, you either don't work and don't go to school or have amazing time management. Nice job.

Those headlight wipers honestly look amazing. Car looks like it rolled off the showroom.

Wow, beautiful. :) Now, given that idiot incompetent drivers seem to like running into showroom build bricks, what will you be mounting as defensive ordinance? :-P

Thanks guys! :) I am pleased with how it looks.

I have put a lot of time into this to get it done fairly quickly. Maybe 20-25 hours a week, plus I took a few days leave from work. I'm enjoying it, which is the point really, this being a hobby! (If it became a bore, I would just leave it a while).

John

Your opinions please.... Big round driving lights... yes or no?

I like them with or without and I really can't decide this one:

380.jpg

244turbo-1.jpg

Thanks

John

I'm waffling a bit on this. I like big rounds, but with all of the square styling on the front end, maybe square/oblong lights would match better?

I think the car has a nice clean look without. Especially with the care you've taken with panel fitment. But if you were to put them on, they might look better spread apart a bit more.

The big round lights will enhance the rally look if that is what you are still looking for
It looks very clean as is though
Amazing work again :cool:

The car looks amazing, keep up the good work. ;)

With or without extra lamps it would look awesome with the amount of effort you are putting in this wagon :)

Thanks for the feedback, very motivating! :)

For now, I'll complete the build without extra lights. I will probably buy some later, but I'll get used to the new front end first, then decide.

Personally, I'm not keen on fogs under the bumper, or square driving lights. If I get any type, I'll buy big round lights. That's a very Swedish look - many owners there fit them for the long dark winter, but run without in the summer. And if I fit lights, they will be fully removable - no visible holes drilled in bodywork or the bumper.

I did consider black bumpers, like the 244T in the museum and early GLTs. But I wanted to emphasise the difference the between early and late styling, and I decided silver would do that better than black.

John

Lookin forward to it! Are you swapping the tailgate for the older style as well?

Good - the rear lights swap is a challenge for me, but I'm looking forward to trying it.

It already has the old style taligate, but I will be fitting the one from the 1979 spares car. Strangly, although that car was rusty almost everywhere, its taligate has less rust than the 1989 car.

Cheers

John

Back