• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

post pics of your 240 on cut springs..

Yeah, that thread is for "slammed" cars. I'm unaware of a thread for conservatively-lowered 240s, so I'll go ahead and whore my car out here.

2 coils cut off the front, none off the rear (sagging rear springs). Sitting on Volvo Sculptors with 215/45R17s:

Attachments

• IMG_7888A (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7888A (Medium).JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,983
  • IMG_7891 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7891 (Medium).JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,943
Last edited:
This was my old 240

2 coils cut off the front, uncut sagging rear springs in the back

3309921a.jpg

no, it's not. cut springs does not mean slammed. this is a valid thread that could be useful to newbies if it were populated with the content that the OP requested... but i'm sure that won't be what happens.

Thank you. Exactly what I wanted. I thought it would be cool/useful to see pics and compare ride heights and wheel/tire sizes from different set ups.

Older IPD lowering springs with 1.5 coils cut off the front and none off the back:

244-polaris-2.jpg

244-polaris-1.jpg

Last edited:
no, it's not. cut springs does not mean slammed. this is a valid thread that could be useful to newbies if it were populated with the content that the OP requested... but i'm sure that won't be what happens.

ok

was just trying to be helpful. saw the "newbie" thing and wasnt sure if they were aware of that thread. didnt mean to ruffle anyones chips.

ok

was just trying to be helpful. saw the "newbie" thing and wasnt sure if they were aware of that thread. didnt mean to ruffle anyones chips.

LOL. No worries....

I have a pale yellow 1984 245 that we have decided to cut 3 in the front and 2.5 in the back and equip these...http://www.ebay.com/itm/17-Wheels-R...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

I have the 5x108to 5x112 adapters. Adapters are 25mm and the offset of the wheels is 32mm at 7.5 inches wide. Should be just about perfect.

(that would be the reason

Nice topic. Good to see the results.
I'm considering cutting front springs too. 1 max 2 coils seems to be comfortable.
Are the springs large enough after removing 2 coils (not coming loose)?

Useful to newbies? The search function is useful to newbies as well, as this question has been asked and answered over and over.

sure, i'll bite. IPD springs, 2 coils removed from front, 1.5 from rear, bilstein hd rear shocks from a suburban, hd's up front.

IMG_20120707_211610.jpg

Useful to newbies? The search function is useful to newbies as well, as this question has been asked and answered over and over.

Wrong! Search function blows, to put it nicely. This thread is/was needed.

DSC_0002-4.jpg

Out of curiosity. How many coils is this considered to be. I would say 2 and a half, based on the dead coil being counted? Thanks.

Trust me...I searched, and then I searched again. Could not find a thread that showed pictures of cars with the number of coild cut.

Heaven forbid you actually spent time to cut a coil, install and see how it looks in real time..if not low enough, repeat..of course that requires work and possibly getting dirty.

DSCN2418.jpg

well i'll add to this as well.

Burgundy car = 3.5 coils cut in front, 2.5 in the rear.
white car = 3 coils in the front. 1 coil cut in rear with spring clamps.
this was my 244 that lives in the burgundy car now in spirit (i gutted it to build the burgundy one)
3 coils in the front, 2 in the rear.
DSCN1138.jpg

Last edited:
Back