• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

OEM Dog Gate Installation

Old Iron

I Roll
Edit: 2/1/15
Now I have a new style dog gate for my other car with headrest!

Anyone have photos of where the clips go for the late model style dog gate( newer version w/headrest). In Particular the plastic clip that gets mounted in the headliner or between the quarter glass and headliner that hold the gate up and open!? I really would like to avoid putting holes in the wrong place on my gorgeous 245!

Thanks guys in advance!

Old post:
OK, I have this OEM flat style dog gate, well what I hope was available only through Volvo. I searched last week and could not find any PDF's of installation directions for my Volvo 245! Any help would be awesome!

Also of anyone knows a little history on these? I know they another rounded style one that bowed out are they both OEM or aftermarket only? Would be nice to know! I was told that the holes and thread are already under the ceiling liner mounted to the sheet metal? Is this true before o peel back/cu t my liner and ruin it?

Last edited:
Yes that is the flat 72-87 145-245 flat style for no rear headrests.

Yes both are OE.

Yes the rear seatbelt anchors are present 72+.

The brackets face forward from the mounting holes.

No need to drop the headliner you can feel the holes for captive weld nuts through the headliner.

Last edited:
just kidding... you need to poke holes in the headliner for the bolts, bolt in the brackets, install the chicken coop gate and see where you need to screw in the other pieces.

here is a pic of the late model style

240_Wagon_Dog_Gate_03.jpg

Haha, thanks guys! So the difference bt newer style is its bowed out! In other words I have the earlier style!

I was curious about it be ending OEM, bc I have 50% of the OE accesories , wanted this to be another!

Funny I'm not worried about having to put holes in the ceiling liner!

just kidding... you need to poke holes in the headliner for the bolts, bolt in the brackets, install the chicken coop gate and see where you need to screw in the other pieces.

here is a pic of the late model style

240_Wagon_Dog_Gate_03.jpg

o-m-g

So I have been laying in the hatch with my early style dog gate, feeling the holes past the headliner, and even starting to peel it back to my chagrin...imagining how this is going to work in the '93....
I guess I'll need the later model gate version? I've never seen those pictured before, thanks Philski.
Got a part number on that baby? My vadis is kaput.

I need the installation instructions!

See my post #3 below, the rest is just hand fitting the various catches and latches.

Yes that is the flat 72-87 145-245 flat style for no rear headrests.

Yes both are OE.

Yes the rear seatbelt anchors are present 72+.

The brackets face back from the mounting holes.

No need to drop the headliner you can feel the holes for captive weld nuts through the headliner.

I have the same in my 91'. Ken and philski o'flood are right, this is not the "rear headrests one"

but if you modify the brackets or use an early rear seat it works. This is mine

retecane.jpg

Ohh cool, can you take a couple of picture's of each of the mounting points for me, I have no idea how far back I have to measure to drill for the bottom bracket under the quarter glass? I need good photos, haha!

Ohhh awesome, that looks super easy! Thanks a ton for all the pictures!!! Are there predrilled holes in the seat back too! Or do I have to drill fresh holes there?

Last edited:
Back